HR Anurag
Hi All, Hope you all are doing good.
Could anyone please share some books/notes/pdf etc. related to Human Resource Business Partner?
I'm looking for a switch and would like to apply for this position, however, I'm not very well aware of it. I'd like to know and learn about the concept of HR Business Partner and roles and responsibilities associated with it. I need your help.
Thank you.

From India, Pune
nelsonthomas9102

Hi Partner,

The term, "HR Business Partner" means HR working closely with the business for the advancement of the business.

So, it's not books that you should be looking at. You should be learning the non-HR business process and check where in the process there is value addition from the HR.

As an example, let's say that a company provides an educational assistance benefit where 75% of the year's educational costs for employees' children of above 4 years of age, are reimbursed. The project manager approaches the HR stating that they plan on increasing the salary of one their resources, but as this has to be taken from the project, they would like to know what is the cost impact of this benefit.

The HR checks the records and confirms that this employee is currently unmarried and so, if he gets married this year, it would be at least another year before he has a child. So, in total for up to 5 years fro now, this benefit would not have a direct cost impact on increasing the salary and adjusting it from the project.

This is just a small example.

From India, Bengaluru
HR Anurag
Hi Nelson,
Thank you so much for sharing your input. I'll certainly try to learn about the non-HR business process and check on the possibilities of value addition for HR.
I'll get in touch with you if I need more assistance. Hope it will be fine with you.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.