Ashokbaz
In this state of emergency, can any good friend suggest, that what is the leave policy for an employee. The employer has forcibly asked employees to put Leave application for a period upto 31 March 2020 {as of last order}, The Govt. has Lock down total state as Curfew and no movement by any citizen. Simultaneously Govt has requested not cut anybody's salary at this juncture. On other hand it, the employee has plan for his or her leave planning for the year and if his or her leave will be deducted on this special emergency situation than what should be done. Is there any Govt rules on above regards.
Thanks

From India, Jamshedpur
Madhu.T.K

There are state government orders (as also an order from the Central Govt.) not to lay off workers nor reduce their wages. This means that the employer should pay full wages during the shut down period.
Untold: The Government can direct the private companies to pay wages to all employees including casual workers, because it is not from the government exchequer that it is paid. When there is no production, no sales, how can the employer pay salary even to their permanent employees who are to be retained until the situation improves? It is true that in a situation like this you should not leave your employees who were with you to generate revenue till now. But a 100% pay as directed by the government is not practical when the employers are equally hit by the situation and the forthcoming economic pandemic which is more serious.

From India, Kannur
mlgsangeet

Some of us have made this a guiding policy... hope it helps sensetise others. yes, I fully agree... all of will be safer and richer, if the companies continue... if the proprietor is fleeced, nothing will be left.

so,

Guiding Policy for "Voluntary Salary Renunciation"

Upto 25K p.m. = nil
25 to 50K = 30% renunciation ( or as he or she may offer )
50 to 100K = 40%
100k onwards = 50%

Model Letters/ emails 1

As my contribution to my company, that is my source of living, I seek to forego 30% of my Gross Salary from 21st March 2020 to 30th June 2020. ( around 3 months )

Kindly take this as my contribution for the benefit of the workers who are much poorer than me and need to be helped at this point of time.

Model Letters/ emails 2

As my contribution to my company, during Corona crisis, I seek to forego Rs 10000 p.m. from my Gross Salary from 21st March 2020 to 30th June 2020. ( around 3 months )

Kindly take this as my contribution for the benefit of the workers who are much poorer than me and need to be helped at this point of time.

Model Letters/ emails 3

As my contribution to my company, during Corona crisis, I seek to go on Leave, by utilising my Earned Leaves. From ___ to ____.

Model Letters/ emails 4

As my contribution to help in payment of salary to workers in our factory, and to help my company, during Corona crisis, I seek to waive 30% ( or ___ %) of my Salary From ___ to ____.

I fully understand that my salary shall restore back to existing from 1st July 2020.

Model Letters/ emails 5

As my contribution to help in payment of salary to workers in our factory, and to help my company, during Corona crisis, I seek to go on Leave without pay From ___ to ____.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.