No Tags Found!

Sonal Suryawanshi
Hi there, I am an engineering graduate with a wide range of experience of 9 years in software industry as a senior software developer. I was always keen to take up HR as a career and hence started with an Executive MBA program in HR (class-room based) while working with the software firm. However, I had to take a career break of 6 years due to maternal responsibilities. In the process, I also had to discontinue my Executive MBA. While MBA classes, I developed interest in Industrial Sociology and pursued Masters in Sociology followed by a PhD degree in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management. Now, I want to resume work. However, I am still more inclined towards working in HR rather than going back to Softwares. Of late, I heard about some HR Certifications like SHRM and CHRMP. Their websites states that these certifications can be done by those people also who are not from HR background. The content of the course looks similar to that of MBA. I am posting this query to get some deeper insights from the industry experts to know is it a good idea to pursue these certifications in order to land on to some HR work? For a person like me from a technical background, is it possible to crack to HR based jobs without doing an MBA ?
Seeking help. Many thanks.
Sonal

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.