No Tags Found!

harsha-k1
I was charged with IPC 384 and the same has been acquitted ,and i was once evicted by the company before i got acquitted.Now that the case is disposed /acquitted can i apply for a job and please let me know will the above will be of any problem for applying job
From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

It is not clear whether the poster was fired exclusively because of the pending criminal case. If so, on the basis of the later acquittal of the charges by the court, he can claim reinstatement with back wages and continuity of service from the previous employer. Even if the employer offers reinstatement without back wages, thereby rescinding the earlier orders of dismissal, that would go a long way as regards his future employment elsewhere. Otherwise, the stigma of earlier dismissal would affect his employability in case of background verification.
From India, Salem
harsha-k1
Sir,with regard to previous comment
Yes the company got to know that i have a pending case against me,But keeping my future in their mind they did not gave that reason for removing me from the company. They made me to give resignation on my own reasons and then they removed.
Now that the question is, can any company would refuse me because I had a criminal case which later i got acquitted

From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

Dear friend,
Your use of the phrase " was evicted by the Company before I got acquitted " gave the impression that your services terminated by the Company and there existed a causal connection between the termination and the pending criminal case. Despite the existence of such a causal connection, your termination of employment is not dismissal but only resignation as per record. Therefore, officially your past employment record is okay.
However, I think that still you are haunted by the way your previous employer viewed the alleged criminal offence and the consequent criminal case. It is nothing but just a case of once bitten, twice shy. Now you stand fully acquitted of the criminal charges by a competent court of law and the case is over. As of now, you are not convicted for any criminal offence nor any case is pending against you. Therefore, there is no necessity for mentioning this in the application for any job.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.