No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello Everyone,
I work as an Account Manager at an HRMS company and I am new to this forum.
I have a client X who has raised a concern with me regarding carry forward of Privilege Leave. I just want an understanding on whether -
1) This concern is a general industry practice followed whenever there is a leave policy change, 2) Is it compliant with the statutory laws in India and 3) If we should build a feature in our product to solve for this.
I shall explain this concern with an example for better understanding -
Employee Z suppose had 30 PL balance at the end of the calendar year 2018 - got those leaves as opening balance for 2019 and the annual allotment for 2019, based on monthly accrual is 16.5.
So by the end of 2019, this employee will have a total privilege leave balance of 46.5 (30 PL Carried forward from 2018 + 16.5 PL Annual Allotment for 2019 )
Now client X has a policy configured in our system that only 10 PL should be carried forward and rest should lapse. Ideally this means that in Employee Z's case - Employee will have only 10 Privilege leaves as opening balance for 2020 and the rest 36.5 PLs will lapse.
But his ask is that none of the 30 leaves that were carried forward from 2018 should lapse, they should remain untouched, only the leaves from the 16.5 PL that were accrued in 2019 will get lapsed.
So this employee will basically have 40 PLs as opening balance for 2020. (30 PL from 2018 + 10 PL from 2019 - 6.5 PL from 2019 = 40 PL opening balance 2020)
Client X has had a leave policy change in 2019 hence does not want the leaves of 2018 to be impacted.
Now in our software or any software for that matter there is no differentiation while carry forward that a said amount from a said year should be carried forward and the leaves that are to be lapsed should lapse from the balance accrued in the other year.
Also wanted to understand from an industry practice standpoint whether this is a valid ask to have the carry forward process bifurcated as per financial/calendar year?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.