sneha.ambekar.rao@gmail.com
Hello Sir/Madam, Am working in a small startup pharma company in Gujarat . there are total 10 employees. now our leave policy is like-
-we get 2.25 leaves every month
-in probation period employee get leave without pay
- in a year we get 3 cl, 3sl, 9 pl
Now problem is one employee joined in last week of nov.18, (22nd nov.) her probation will end 22 feb.19 . she wants to take leave of 15 days in the month of may 19. for relatives marriage function. till 22 may 19 her almost 6 months will be completed.
QUESTION-
1. can we grant her leave of so many days (15 days)
2.if we give her leave then according to my thinking she can take 3 cl and 3 sl (total=6 days leave) rest days will be LWP.
please correct me if am wrong and tell me what should i do in this case.

From India, Mumbai
Aks17

Hi
Granting of leave for xx number of days is the prerogative of the company management. They may or may not approve. They can even say only these many days can be availed and want the employee to report back on so and so date due to urgency of work etc.
Coming to calculations SL cannot be taken for a marriage. If the company policy allows to club CL and PL you may try to do that. When does the PL comes into effect? After completion of one full year in the company or after probation? Most of your questions ought to be available in the company policy itself else see that it is included at the earliest.
After checking the PL you may add what is available as on the leave applicable date and rest put it under LoP, provided management is okay with allowing full leave of 15 days.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.