No Tags Found!

shajunambiarcc

I am from cement manufacturing company located in centrally administered provision labour license we have obtained from central labour dept.
What should we do if state labour department asks us to take the license from them?
Cement industry is directly controlled by the Centre and we are located in central provision can become an exemption or any particular act says about this
please help and suggest.

From India, Bangalore
umakanthan53

Cement Industry is a notified industry under the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951. Therefore, in any such Controlled Industry, the State Authorities can enforce the provisions of licensing, inspection etc only with respect to those Central Enactments exclusively administered or enforced by the State Governments. I think you should specifically state what labor license is insisted by the State Government people.
From India, Salem
shajunambiarcc

Umakanthan Sir,
our cement packing plant located in kerala, where administrative rights are with central Govt, under major port act. We have taken
contract labour Licence and Interstate Migrant workmen License under central. Since state labour dept insisting us to take the above licenses from state and further we have checked and came to know
the given below
(ii) Central Government has issued notification No. S.O. 826 ( E ), dated 8 Dec 1977 notified that the powers exercisable by Government of India under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, in relation to cement industry shall also be exercisable by the State Governments(except Mine). How do we know whether state govt. issued any notification related to the above.
kindly guide

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.