No Tags Found!

manish.gdsps
Is the employee definition same in EPF & ESI law? Whether a person covered under ESI is also covered under EPF or vice-versa?
e.g. M having salary of 14,000 and the employer deducts ESI, but not EPF. Whether this is incorrect?

From India, Noida
Rahul Chhabra

ESI and EPF are two different schemes, and have no correlation! Have you tried inquiring with your employer on why they are not deducting PF?
From India, Delhi
Glidor

if the establishment is covered under EPF act then they have to deduct. or the employee may have exceeded 57 yrs of age

manish.gdsps
Hi Rahul, thanks for reply. No the employer has no explanation, may be it is just their old practice and nobody questioned it.
From India, Noida
manish.gdsps
I am asking from practical viewpoint. Whether one person covered under ESI is practically covered under PF also.
From India, Noida
Glidor

if the employee is over 57 yrs of age, then can not be added as EPF member

manish.gdsps
As there is new shram suvidha portal for combined ESI & EPF return. Does this mean that if one employee is covered under one Act is theoretically covered under other Act also?
From India, Noida
Glidor

@manish
be practical
there may be employees over 21000/- average monthly who are excluded in ESIC, similar way there would be many who are over 58 and does not have any UAN so they may get excluded in EPF, shram suvidha is a register and return submission portal, it does not enforce the rules and laws

manish.gdsps
thank you sharma ji
my bad i couldn't explain it. i meant could there be a situation where a person is "employee" as per ESI law but not as per EPF law or vice-versa? ignore about the salary limit or if he's getting 12000 p.m.

From India, Noida
Glidor

@Manish if the employee has no previous EPF a/c / UAN and have exceeded 58 yrs of age, then EPF does not comes to picture, only ESIC is applicable

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.