No Tags Found!

vaibhav-dhamiwal
I recently Joined a company as a fresher and in the interview they said that you have to bring your own laptop to office. So I started taking my laptop to office. Then one day as i was going home I Slipped on Road Because Of heavy rain and now it is not able to be repaired. Now I want To ask that does the company is bound to compensate me for my laptop, As in they asked me to bring my laptop to work.
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,

The laptop comes under the category of "Portable Capital Equipment". Your company told to arrange laptop on your own. Was it mentioned in your appointment letter?

When the company told you to bring a personal laptop, you should have insured the laptop immediately. You also could have told the company to bear at least the insurance cost. I doubt whether you did that.

Anyway, nothing can be done as of now. The company told to bring a personal laptop for the company's work and you had given your consent for it. Therefore, risks arising out of the accidental damage to the capital equipment rest with you.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Dear friend,
Beyond completely agreeing with learned senior Mr.Dinesh, here the point is you have obliged the version of Management to carry your laptop for company use, which is not allowed by many a company.
Because the Management does not allow confidentiality to be lost on company documents or material. So now the Management shall not or may not reimburse the cost, provided it happened in the premises,which could have given you a small lien of interest to seek the amount.

From India, Hyderabad
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,
To require you to bring your own laptop is not a common practice and generally companies provide for desktop/laptop for company's work.
Having obliged the company, you approach them for some reasonable amount for its damage which has occurred during the course of your employment and I think they should consider it favorably at least on moral grounds.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR-Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.