Shridharsalokhe
I work for company about 9-10 months. While working in firm i have taken laptops and communication cables from company for working. Now I have send resignation letter to company but from company I have received mail that you should follow notice period and give ours laptops and other materials whichever I have taken, but already I have given all materials and laptop back to company and I have not signed any appointments letter or confirmation letter or any kind of bond with company but they are saying that they will log official complaint against me within week. Please guide what to do are they have any right to do complaint against me. I have joined new job.
From India, Pune
nathrao

Have you got acknowledgement for items returned?
Have you signed for laptops etc when you joined?
Any witnesses for return of items?
If you have returned the items while exiting,they cannot do anything.

From India, Pune
Aks17

Hi
Make sure that you do not commit such a blunder in the future, working without any official papers and carrying official items home without any entries in the records. As far as official lodging of complaint, it is mere threat as the employer might have taken it for granted that you will keep working without any official paperwork and can be terminated likewise. Do not confront but at the same time do not act timid and meek. Stay strong but stay smart. Moving forward have docs in order and join any company, do not rush and regret.
Also try to answer to the queries raised by the other senior in these columns.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Hyderabad
Shridharsalokhe
I have not signed any documents for laptop and other materials during joining and I have someone to whom which I have told him about laptop and materials on telephone she is incharge of those thing. I have also came to known from outside that sir has check my bag and all materials on the day when I have send resign letter. I am requesting you to guide me what to do forwar.
From India, Pune
rashmimanjunath
Hi, What you have done is not right and not ethical. You have joined that company on the HR records and as a normal process the Company can claim these are issued as part of the process. You donot have any proof from them for the returned items as well. The best advice that I can offer you is to go meet them and sort out the issue than create a fuss and put your future at risk. Hope I am being clear in my answer.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.