No Tags Found!

nikhil-gaikwad
I am really confused as to calculation of 21000 gross salary for ESIC.
Suppose, I have a CTC of Rs. 280,000, which includes PF employer share Rs. 20160 (1680 per month) and hence my gross being 259840 (21653/month). Now my understanding of deciding whether a person is covered under ESIC is, if (CTC - PF employer) < 21000/month, then the person will be eligible for ESIC.
What the other suggestion I have received is, if my CTC is Rs. 280000, PF employer is Rs. 20160 and ESIC employer share is Rs. 11782 (4.75% of gross), so my gross drops to Rs. 248052 (20671/month), now since my gross after considering employer share of ESIC is below 21000, I will have to be registered under ESIC.
Kindly help as to which method of calculation is correct. Thanks!!

From India
JudeGR

ESI is on gross without considering ESI contribution. Your first calculation is the right one.
From India, Chennai
Puranik Rahul
Esic always calculet on your earning gross which is 21,000/- So Your Employee whomes Earning gross is under 21,000/- you have to deduct esic.
From India, Navsari
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.