chandru8120
I have signed a bond for an onsite assignment. I have been working at onsite from past 14 months. The bond has a condition to serve 1 year after onsite assignment else pay 3 Lakh Rs amount along with travel charges and visa fees incurred on the me and my family. The bond was never given to me or a copy of it either.
I want sent to onsite with a business projection of 6 months. But the business has grown and increased many folds, with a further projection for 2.5 years more. I have been working here with a lot of pressure and at bad health. After several months of discussion i have been asked to come back. I don't want to continue to work any further when i come back to India due to my present medical conditions. I have planned to not join any other company after quitting as well.
What options do i have? I need your legal advice, kindly help.

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

First get a copy of the bond.
Only on going through the bond can one advice.
How long was your onsite work initially?
When was it extended?
Discuss your medical condition with the company and volunteer to get checked by doctor of their choice.
Company has spent a lot of money on your travel, stay and for family and they will try to maximise revenue by using your expertise.
If you have a genuine medical condition ,you can use it to leave the company but it will need proper documentation and discussion with company.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Chandru,
You have written that:
I have been working at onsite from past 14 months. The bond has a condition to serve 1 year after onsite assignment else pay 3 Lakh Rs amount along with travel charges and visa fees incurred on the me and my family.
If the condition to serve was for one year and if you have completed 14 months, then where is the problem? You have fulfilled the conditions of the bond.
Nevertheless, as Mr Nathrao has said, try to acquire the copy of the bond to check whether are few more conditions that need to fulfilled.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Chandru,
Both Mr. Nathrao & Mr. Divekar have given rt suggestion. It would be prudent to have the copy of your signed bond, to chek other conditions laid down on it. Further, you need to check the terms and conditions appearing in appointment letter.
As per the posting you are nomore liable under the bond as the period has already exhausted/completed. The great mistake you have done by not keeping the copy of the bond for reference and mis-handling by others. This little mistake will bring bondage even though complied.

From India, Mumbai
Bharat Gera

Dear friend,
It is very important to study the contents of the bond. Without knowing the terms and conditions of the bond it is difficult to extend correct advice.
Ask for the copy of the bond officially from the company as they are under obligation to give you the copy. If the copy is not given then it is a irregularity.
the bonds in general have been held illegal by the Apex court, therefore, it is required that you get a copy of the bond.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR consultant

From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.