shwetagaikwad
I am an HR Executive in a start up. and we are in the process of forming HR Policies. I need to know the policies and rules related to leaves in a private company. specifically want to know:
- how many of each kind of leave?
- what are the rules about clubbing different types of leaves?
- Any other general rules to follow regarding leaves?
Please help me out. I am in urgent need, and a new member to Cite HR.

From India, Mumbai
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Shwetha, before going ahead with formulation of Leave Policy, Please Peruse applicable acts i.e The Factories Act, 1948 & relevant Rules if you are registered as a Factory or
Applicable Shops & Commercial Establishments Act & Rules, with specific reference to Leave
you have not furnished about Registration particulars of your Establishment

From India, New Delhi
KK!HR

Pl clarify as to whether you are a factory or an office. I presume you to be the latter, in that case pl consult the Bombay Shop & Establishment Act 1947 on the leave provision. In case of factory, the provision regarding annual leave in Factories Act 1948 need to be complied. In both the cases the provisions given in Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) have to be complied in case you are covered under it. Pl see the applicability of these statutory provisions and prepare your policy. You can take guidance of the practice in established industries. Thereafter you are welcome to seek clarifications.
From India, Mumbai
manojkamble

Dear Shweta,
As rightly said by Mr. KK and Mr. Srinivas it is hard to clarify the policy of leave without knowing type of your organisation as it comes under which act. If it is as per factories act then One leave for every 20 days worked is considered in the EL as per the Factories Act is applicable and if it comes under Shops act then 21 days per year applicable for staff. For more details provide your query with brief information.

venkateswaraniyer
Dear Sir,
I want to know whether the left over earned leave after encashment of 8 days, which is accumulated to maximum 60 days, will become lapsed if it crosses days? I am working in a Clubm Hyderabad.

From India, Hyderabad
KK!HR

Pl specify the problem, it is not clear as to the limit of EL accumulation, next question is the practice in your organisation, is EL credited in advance and if it is so the advance credit could exceed by one credit. For instance if the max. leave accumulation is 60 and leave credit (e.g. ,15 days) is in advance, then the limit could be exceeded by 15 days i.e., it can go upto 75 (60 +15) and if it is not availed or encashed at the end of advance credit period the 15 days of advance credit will lapse.
From India, Mumbai
Arthome
thank you for kind information.. i would like to know the leaves or holidays in hotel industry ..
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.