No Tags Found!

nasn2000

Dear Team, I have a clarification. Am designing KRA for Marketing Executives. Against each field/activity weightage are given like 50, 20, etc totalling to 350 marks.
Is there any restriction to give total weightage only to 100 or it can be more than 100. Please clarify.
Thanks,
Narasimhan S

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Narasimhan S,
Total of all the weights (it is not weightage, though the word has been used widely in India) should be 100 as the percentage is calculated on 100.
Why we assign weights to KRAs? We assign weights to KRAs in order to distinguish the degree of the importance. Higher the weight, higher is the degree of importance. The formula for calculation for each KRA is as below:
(score attained / score for the KRA)*weight
If you keep the total of all the weights as 350, then the question arises is why 350, why not 250 or 450 or some another number. While you may come up with logic for the number 350, someone else will have his/her logic for 250, 300 and so on. It will only create chaos. Therefore, the total weight of 100 is scientific and proven too.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nasn2000

HI Dinesh, Thanks..i do agree. But my question was can be it be more than 100. Is there any limitation to set the weightage.
From India, Bangalore
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Narasimhan, please peruse reply of Mr Dinesh Sir, with specific reference to "the total weight of 100 is scientific and proven too"
you have not clarified the rationale of keeping total weights as 350

From India, New Delhi
rujul

if you want to take forward of total 350 only then considered 350 as 100% and divide KRA score accordingly. but we didn't understand why its 350 ? may be you are calculating mote number of KRA's.
From India, Gurgaon
KK!HR

Dear, The aggregate weightage of KRAs can be more than 100, it depends on the needs of the organisation. Higher the score, finer will be the distinction between one executive and another. But the universal method is to aggregate to 100 and comparison on percentile basis is easier and facilitates benchmarking. Let the scorecard aggregate be 350, I suggest, the interpersonal comparison be made reducing the score to percentile basis allowing one or two decimal places. It will render the exercise more meaningful while retaining your uniqueness.
From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Narasimhan S,
I do agree with Mr. Dinesh. I think you have doubts to understand the KRA in totality. Key Result Area defines the main job responsibility of an individual within the organization. KRA is decided by the organization to judge the individual's quantitative and qualitative analysis ability for a specific job assigned to him. The individual sets target aginst each key area with a weightage and the sum total is 100. This calculation is presented in %percentage
Thanks,

From India, Mumbai
sharmavk05

Dear Narasimhan S, Pl go by Mr. Dinesh advise because the sum of total weight-age can not be more than 100. It can be distributed as per focused areas of organisation. Thanks, V K Sharma
From India, Delhi
karnarun

Mr.Dinesh Has already clear the matter, but still want to go any number you can take, whenever you will calculate the result it will come up on 100 only which is a scientific value , acceptable to all and easy to satisfy.
From India, Delhi
sashipriya78@gmail.com
Hi Narashiman, If you designing KRA for any position the end result is % so if you want to go with 350 then it will end up with %/100 what Mr. Dinesh said is completely proven.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.