No Tags Found!

Niranjana N
Hello Everyone,
My father is currently working as Court Messenger in Karnataka Women and Child Welfare department at taluk level. He was considered for that job 4-5 years back, and was getting 500/-Rs per month in the starting, currently 3500/-Rs per month. Even though he works for the government office, his salary is paid through the private agency. Till now no action has been taken to increase his salary. His age is 61 years now and he will be terminated from his job by March-2018. Is there any chance for him to get extra money as arrears based on current Minimum wages act.?
Also, the office hasn't received any instructions from the Government to terminate his employment. But the agency has sent a letter to the office saying his age has crossed 60yrs and need for new appointment. Is it right to terminate my father from the employment even though he is healthy enough to work.? Kindly suggest me to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Niranjan.

From India, undefined
umakanthan53

Dear Niranjan,
Labor Laws are not applicable to regular, temporary,contractual and contingent employees serving in Government Departments whose functions are predominantly sovereign in nature. Particularly, the power of appointment to any lower cadre post of contingent nature other than those permanent posts that are exclusively within the purview of State Service Commission and temporary/ technical posts within the exclusive sponsorship of Govt. Employment Exchanges vests with the designated head of office of departments. Now-a-days, the practice of filling those posts through contractors has been in vogue. Only by the pressure applied by the Service Associations of such contingent employees, either their services have been regularised or other monetary benefits are enhanced through special Govt. Orders from time to time. Therefore, refer to your State Govt orders for relief if any.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.