danish1991
Hi,
Kindly guide me on below issue;
As I did not make to the office one day because of heavy rain and flood but my Manager asked me to come on Saturday (Sat and Sunday off) to compensate for that day but I did not come because of my classes that I have informed them already. When salary was credited to my a/c for that month, I came to know that it includes also for that day on which I did not come. So I have emailed my HR to deduct my salary for that day (As my manager did not approve for paid leave). Also, I am serving notice period (I put my papers after that day).
Now my managers are asking me to come on any Saturday and told me that you do not have any option as you have to come. If my Salary get deducted and I did not come because of the Natural problem then how they can force me to come.
Please guide me on this and how can I tackle this issue.
My email:

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Danish,
As of now, I recommend you following what your manager says. This is important in view of your notice period. At the fag end of your tenure, I recommend you not to ruffle your Manager. I say so because your next employer may do the background verification (BGV) and disturbed relations in the last few weeks should not impact your BGV.
Striking balance between learning and earning is not easy. Doing some certification course while doing job also is not easy. However, your job gives you bread and butter therefore, job has to be given primacy over your personal matters.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
radhakrishna.gunde

There won't be such leave unless it will be declared by your management. Even I attended my office in the heavy rains and my boss will ask me to regularize the absence with leave if don't come. As it was suggested by Dinesh sir, you should not mess with your boss.
From India, Lucknow
danish1991
Hi Dinesh Divekar,
Thank you so much for your response. Appreciate that.
I understood what you are trying to make me understand but I would like to add some more points here.
1. On that day those who are staying nearby came to office and left office within an hour or two and they got attendance for the full day but I am staying very far and even I tried to come that day to office but I got stuck in heavy rain and no transport were moving (I used to take local train) . I took a train from my station and traveled just two stations then stuck there because no trains were moving after that. I was stuck there for 3 and half hour and somehow managed to go back home.
2. They are mentally harassing me because I used to catch their mistakes which are related to our process. Because of that they use their position and always trying to stop me from doing any good thing related to process.
3. After putting my papers I am working the way they want and I am not bothering anything. I just come office and work honestly.
4. A week ago, a meeting was taken by my AM and Manager and they clearly told the team if anyone is not able to compensate for that day, their salary will be deducted. They will not be given privilege to apply for paid leave. I did not breach their rule. What I did is what they said.
5. They are the sole reason why I planned to put my papers because I can not work in this situation.
6. The most important is HR has already approved my application for "Deducting my Salary" but they are in any way forcing HR not to do so.
Kindly suggest me on these points.
Thanking you in advance

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.