No Tags Found!

NITI

HELLO!! I NEED HELP??I NEED TO KNOW HOW DOES LONG TERM CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF EMPLOYEES HELP AN ORGANISATION? AND WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT PHASES IN THE CAREER OF AN EMPLOYEE?
From India, Mumbai
Col
A company that focuses on career development will tend to enjoy lower employee turnover than one that doesn't.
Given that the average cost of employee turnover is between 70 - 100% of annual salary (varies a lot depending on various factors) there is a lot of money at stake.
So spending money on career development will tend to save you money in the long run.
Also your workforce will be more highly skilled and usually more productive as a result.
Col

From United Kingdom, London
Anonymous
Hello,

Long term career development of employees of an organization will give upperhand in the following aspects:

Organization will have a pool of home grown managers who can replace those who leave the organization through retirement, termination etc;

A pool of home grown managers eliminates to a great extent the need for pooling managers from external source for whom the organization will need to spend on training & development and orientation of company culture;

Every successful employee has career aspirations. Career development programs will help meet those aspirations of deserving employees, ensure effective talent management and feed the motivation of employees across the company;

The different career phases of an employee are as follows:

- Learning phase (entry level/individual contributor)

- Research & Development Phase (supervisory level/supervisor)

- Strategic phase (managerial/leadership level/manager/functional head)

Each of these phases have an approximate time frame ranging from 2-3 years by which an employee is required to gain sufficient experiences to go to the next level/phase.

Thanks,

Naved.

vatsyayan
Hi i need a help as well.I am doing a project on Role of career development in retention of Employees.If anybody can send me a questionnaire related to this.I have prepared 1 but not sure if it is rite.Can anybody help me please
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.