No Tags Found!

priyaverma3126@gmail.com

Dear Seniors,
Greetings!!
Want clarification on ESI and health insurance schemes for employee.
We are team of 15 members .We are opening salary account with bank, he additionally told me regarding the Health insurance scheme for employees in which the premium has to be paid by the company at once (which is sum total of premiums per annul basis of employees) . on the other hand the premium on monthly basis is deducted from salaries of employees.
queries :
1) Getting health insurance scheme for employees would benefit them? As premium will be deducted from their salaries so in long term there can be chances of disagreement regarding the same by employees because they have there certain expenses.
2) If health insurance scheme is availed then we have to provide them ESI as well ?
3)what is best for employees as there benefit and company benefit goes hand in hand and cannot be compromised.
Please enlighten me with your knowledge and guidance.

From India, Ghaziabad
sandi_joshi

Dear,
Get enrolled the employees into ESIC it is mandatory if he/she comes under wages celling limit, which is now Rs. 21000/- Per Month.
1. If you do the health insurance of employees it is good for them, but company cannot boycott ESIC after this.
1. I think your company is located in Ghaziabad, its comes under ESIC dispensary & Hospital as well. If company is located in a particular area where no facility of ESIC even though you need to cover your employee under Workmen Compensation.
3. Health insurance does not include the facility of Life insurance, Benefit of Partial Disablement, Permanent Disablement, Leave with wages and so on.
4. ESIC has lot of facility which include paid leave, insurance of employee and also which i have mentioned in point no. 3.
You should go with ESIC and for those employee has above wages rs. 21000/- get them covered into Health Insurance.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
manojkamble

Dear Priya Verma,
Please find reply to your queries as under :
1) Getting health insurance scheme for employees would benefit them? As premium will be deducted from their salaries so in long term there can be chances of disagreement regarding the same by employees because they have there certain expenses. - Ans: If your company is giving helth insurance benefit to employees then it is good. But you should not deduct the same without employee consent as this may create problem for you in future. Suggestion will be to add the amount under their CTC and not to deduct from monthly pay.
2) If health insurance scheme is availed then we have to provide them ESI as well ? - As you mention you have team of only 15 employees then you need not to cover them under ESIC as for registration under ESIC you need to have minimum 20 nos of employees. So you have an option for exemption as of now.

loginmiraclelogistics

Dear Priya,

I would endorse the views express here by learned members. But I may add -

First and foremost there is no way to escape coverage under ESI to the extent of provisions applicable to your employees under the act. Having said that what is the fate of those who are not to be covered under the ESI act ? Here is the purpose of health insurance comes in. Assuming that there is an emergency and there is no go but to take the employees/families for medical care quickly to the nearest available hospital and thus you would find availing ESI facilities though they are covered will not serve the purpose. Then this medical insurance could come in handy. Here the moot point is that - the co. remits the premium afront and recovers thru' their salary in convenient instalments. Though for the purpose of immediate medical care this would help them but on the other hand this arrangement puts the employees into financial strain as they have to contribute both to their ESI membership and health insurance as well. So you have to consider both the relevant issues and take decisions.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.