No Tags Found!

James1112
I just got a new job after interview.They informed me that I was selected.I asked for offer letter by email they said that it will be given at the time of joining,I said okay.on going there today I was informed that I will get the offer by noon but I did not.When I asked for the certificate it was said that I would get it after verification.I insisted that you can keep the photocopies but not the original.they said they would give it tomorow.I came to know that they were keeping original certificate of some employees. I took back my original certificates and I had to speak roughly with the employer.I just left my old job since I was promised offer letter when joining.
Is original certificates required for verification.

From India, Chennai
nathrao

Original certificates can definitely be asked for verification but not for retention.
Practise of employers trying to retain original documents is an established praticise in some companies,but it is unethical and illegal practise.

From India, Pune
James1112
Thanks for the reply.Is retention for 1 day okay? How much time is required for verification? Do they really need originals for verification?Is photocopy enough.
From India, Chennai
James1112
I mean can they keep it for 1 day for verification?................................... ......... ..... .......
From India, Chennai
Shri Vishal.G

yes. original certificates are needed at the time of joining but it is not to submit. Just for verification purpose.
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.