No Tags Found!

Shoeb Anwar

DEAR ALL
I START A DISCUSSION ON SALARY CALCULATION. ACTUALLY I AM CALCULATING THE SALARY ACCORDING TO THE NUMBER OF DAYS IN MONTH LIKE
TOTAL GROSS SALARY/NO. OF DAYS IN MONTH x (NO OF WORKINGS DAYS + WEEKLY OFFS).
BUT I WANT TO KNOW THAT HOW TO CALCULATE THE SALARY FOR 26 DAYS IN MONTH. SOME OF THE COMPANIES CALCULATE THE SALARY FOR 26 DAYS.THEY ARE NOT DEPEND ON NO. OF DAYS ON THAT MONTH. I HOPE SOME ONE MUST HELP ME.
THANKS
SHOEB
shoeb.hr@gmail.com

From India, Chandigarh
N.Kaith
HI, I am also working as HR Manager in an IT Co.and I have a same query as i have recently started on thi profile so kindly help me out for the same if you will be getting any relevant answers
From India, Chandigarh
ravi5554

Hi,
As per salary calculation concern there are two ways to calculate salary.
1. Total gross / 30* No of worked days ( if month is 31 days then you can take 30 for all the months)
2. Total gross / 31* No of worked days includes weekly off also ( in which month 30days, 31 days,28 days calculate on actual, else use 1st option for all months 30 days if 31 days or 28 days)
3. and don't make that practice on calculating for only 26 days it means you are not going to pay for weekly offs, this is not good as HR.

From India, Mumbai
janardan_raccha

Dear Shoeb,
The thumb rule for calculating salary for 26 days in a month is very common across India. What you need to do is, you have to just deduct the total Leave Without Pay (LOP / LWP) in a subsequent month from 26 days (ie nothing but 26 - LWP day). The number which arrive will be considered as working days in that subsequent month for which you suppose to pay salary.
Regards,
Janardan

From India, Mumbai
ravi5554

Hi, Mr. Janardan As you specified only 26 days then, you will not pay salary for the weekly offs.is it right?
From India, Mumbai
Shoeb Anwar

First of All , Thanks for your reply
Actually i want to know that, as Mr. Ravi say you may take 30 for all month but actual month is of 31. here some employees have 5 offs in 31 days month so here we prepare a salary for 26 days according to 30 days month, so 1 absent is consider for him even he present whole month.
Example:- In july 2014 (31 days) thursday are five. If any employee have thursday as weekly off . we are calculating the salary on the basis of 30 days month we paid salary for only 26 days with four weekly off but his weekly off is five, so 1 weeky off is consider as absent. where one day goes.
thanks
Shoeb Anwar

From India, Chandigarh
ravi5554

Mr, Shoeb
As per the law that 4 weekly offs will be calculate for salary in your situation if you calculating salary for 310 days the calculate actual weekly offs in that particular month because in Feb month when you will take actual days that only 28 and in that case you will pay for only 28 days.
so its general practice. otherwise calculate on 30 days only.

From India, Mumbai
Shoeb Anwar

Dear Aditya You have any book for salary calculation please give me the name.
From India, Chandigarh
M S N KHAN

We take the gross pay for the month and divide it by number of days in a month and multiply with working days+weekly off. System is going on for several years without any complaints.
From India, Thane
VIJAYALAKSHMI J

hi all

* 26 days calculation will be applicable in factory's act as they will be having contract labours.

* 26 days calculation the employer will give their quote to the client based on this only not 30 days as they are sending them for contract works hence salary calculated will be for 26 only excluding weekly offs

* 30 / 31 or 28 days respective of the month the salary to be calculated specially designed for corporate in the payroll software so that monthwise it will be changed and calculated

* If leave available the system will be calculated automatically and arrive the salary. Examples are

GROSS PER MONTH SALARY - RS.5000/-

Basic 50 % of Gross - 2500/-

HRA 40 % of Gross - 2000/-

Other allowance - 500/-

Gross pay - 5000/-

PF on basic (if DA avlb pl incl) - 300

ESI on Gross (if OT avlb pl incl) - 87.5

Net pay - 5000-300-87.5 = 4612.50 (take home salary)

IF ITS LOP (loss of pay) eg. 5 days LOP

same gross amt but the salary to be calculated on the follows and month salary is January(assumption)

2500 / 31 * 26 (31-5) like that other heads to be calculated

IF ITS FACTORY CALCULATION

Same salary heads but total days should be calculated 26 INSTEAD OF 30 for workers

I know this level only

regards

Vijaya J

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.