No Tags Found!

mschmalenbach

I'm looking to understand one of the features on the forum web site.

Each member has a "user attitude" score, which seems to be made up of the average of all the ratings given that member by other forum members.

I noticed today that my user rating is 5.33.

It used to be 8.xx

I'm curious - why did somebody rate me initially quite highly? If I did something valuable/useful for somebody it would be good to know what that was so I can do more of it.

Equally, to now have a score of 5.33 I must have picked up a very low rating from somebody. So if I have done something to annoy or upset this individual it would be useful to know what, so I can learn from this and not repeat any mistake in the future. Of course, if it is down to a simple disagreement of ideas that cannot be helped.

So my interest is in the utility of this rating system. I understand that some people may wish to rate others anonymously. My own view is that if you do not have the courage to give your rating and feedback to a member and reveal your identity, you only serve to devalue to some extent the way it might be received.

Perhaps the system could be amended so that in giving the rating you MUST provide some indication as to why - good or bad. You may choose to reveal your identity or not - the option should be there.

As things stand I can only speculate as to what I may have done, or not done, that has upset 1 or 2 people.

It won't stop me contributing to this forum where and when I can. And without useful feedback I can't change how or what I do except by my own whim - which could be equally problematic!

I look forward to an exchange of views on this topic from other members.

Best wishes,

Martin

From United Kingdom,
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Dear Martin, Namaskar
I had raised this point at page 13 0f the thread "Attitude". Till page 17 no conclusion came up. Will you please look into this discussion and post your observations before we proceed further?
regards

From India, Delhi
CHR

Hi Martin,
I understand your concern about the user attitude rating. I myself got very disturbed when my rating dropped from 10 to 7.5. Still don't understand what I did wrong. :icon1:
I am not very open to the idea of direct feedbacks on users - mainly because it may tend to encourage rivalry. I will try to find some other way this can be done. Give me some time on this one as currently the CiteMan domain is being re-developed.
Warm regards,
CHR

From India, Gurgaon
Manish Tiwari

i also agree with this point. rather than being an anonymous thing , it must be mandatorily structured format.
From India, Madras
promila

Hi,
What i believe rating is done on the basis of how much data u mail.More the data more the scores.i may be wrong too,but this is what i have percieved.
Because my rating intially was never more than 10 points and now its never more than 5-6 points.I guess its computurised on the basis of words and automatically scoring is done.
Regards
promila

From India, Delhi
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

No Promila ji. This is not correct. The next below points are given on that basis. In any case, it is a crisis of judiciousness/judgment. rgards
From India, Delhi
numerouno

Martin, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm not sure the score is a very meaningful feature of this otherwise excellent site. All users start at zero so on balance you're on the "up and up" :)
My own rating dropped substantially over time with no apparent reason. I have rated others myself, sometimes high, sometimes low. I have to be either really impressed or really irritated to rate.
Good quality, original insights rate high for me.
I give low ratings when I get fed up with one or two word replies that contribute nothing to a discussion (other than to give the author points). I also get irritated by the excessive use of quotes (same reason). Prejudice (racial, career or any other type of prejudice) is another thing I don't have a lot of time for.
However, in the end, regardless of your personal rating, people will read your contributions if it meets their needs or aligns with their interests.
Happy posting.

From Australia, Ballarat
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Namaskar Numerouno ji. Do you mean to say freedom of expression and judiciousness must go hand in hand and here it is OK? regards
From India, Delhi
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Dear friends.
Numerouno probably has not got time to clarify. However, I feel that it is quite pleasurable to enjoy freedom of expression. But exercising it with reference to judiciousness is a difficult task. Judiciousness requires that one will have to suspend his/her likes/dislikes, tendencies to push some one upward or pull downwards just for a heck of it.
In any case, whether we look progressively or comparatively, judiciousness is a rare commodidy. I wish it to be available charitably. Dear friend! Please explore it within yourselves.
regards

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.