ravitashukla1

Dear folks,
There is something which I really did not like thou I though should share my opinion with all the folks using cite HR.
As we all know that cite HR is a professional cite where all users are professional or learner. We use this site to get information on HR related query thou mostly the site is use during office hrs.
I happened to face a embarrassing situation where I opened the site to show something to my junior but adds reflecting at the side was not good and she ashamed.
My query is this how these adds are reflecting on a professional site and how to stop this.
I don't know how others will treat to my this post but I personally want these adds to remove from this site to I raised this issue.

From India, Mumbai
CHR

I have changed all ads to text-ads to avoid such situations. The ads are an unfortunate necessity but members should know that they are not chosen manually - Google provides these ads automatically based on a variety of things.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
Mahavir.Singh

I also face such sitation many time... And the add is related to the ...................Single person in your city........................Really admin must do some thing

Cite Contribution

Thankyou Ravi and Mahavir for the timely feedback. I too never came across such ads. The random selection is automated by Google.
However, please keep us posted on any such feature that makes it difficult for you.

From India, Mumbai
Mahavir.Singh

Dear (Cite Contribution). if you say, i will try to share a screen shot in future if required.. p

akhilesh dubey

Dear Members,

To the people who raised the voice: My opinion to this is CHR is a community and a website which needs lot of funds to be working freeflow and maintaining the best quality, so that we users may get the best out of it.

Thus, the only source of revenue is advertisements which do not add much in respect to expenditures but yes can contribute something, and hence there is nothing wrong in that, alternatively a paid membership can be launched which will again be a hindrance to the vision of CiteHR ie; delivering the knowledge and helping to maximum.

@ ravitashukla: I dont think the ads on a website can make you feel ashamed.

A news paper contains advertisements almost of one-third of its content and sometimes even more, do we stop reading it?? How can a news paper which cost around Rs.19 including printing and distribution can be on your doorsteps in only Rs.3 or 4

Moderators & Administrators: Please correct me if I am wrong.

And I apologies to everyone if something written above is wrong or incorrect.

From India, Indore
CHR

We have recently changed all ads to text-only - which will make sure there are no weird images suddenly showing up.
You are right Akhilesh - running a web service like this is quite costly - we are subscribed to the best in class servers and caching services, which ensures 100% uptime. So the ads, like I said, are a necessary evil. I would've loved to run it like Wikipedia (on donations) and we did put up a subscription link a few years back, but only 8 of our most senior members signed up. We eventually closed the fund raising option.
In any case, such images are not going to be an issue going forward as we've changed ALL ads to text-only.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
akhilesh dubey

Mr.Roy,
I think its not stimulus which make something right or wrong. Its the response and also the perception.
Its a very old disease of INDIA. we do everything but dont want to accept it. I think i am taking the discussion to a different direction, let me stop.

From India, Indore
CHR

We are re-trying image ads as with just text ads we are blocking a lot of campaigns. We're running this with some categories blocked. Please report here if you see any inappropriate ad.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.