No Tags Found!

nitinrbp1

Dear all Seniors,
Greetings of the day!
My name is Nitin and i am working in a small IT company as a Manager HR & Admin from the last 2.3 yrs. as i am looking for a change these days in a corporate sector in HR. as i have total experience of 2.3 yrs in HR.
i am having a call from one company for the position of HR & Admin co-coordinator. but this position is off roll. so that is why i am bit confused of taking any decision right now.
please suggest that position they offered to me will help me to grow in the HR. or it is different from the core HR role, and should i join this company though the position is off roll.
please give me some suggestions.
Thanks & Regards
Nitin Bhardwaj

From India, Chandigarh
nashbramhall

Dear Nitin,
Let me ask you a few questions. If someone came to you and asked the same question, what answer would you give? Do you think the person will have given you enough information to guide him/her or would you be seeking any more information about the company that offered the position and other information?

From United Kingdom
anil.arora

You said that you are working as a Manager for HR & Admin and I wanna know about your key responsibilities first. Second, are you the only manager for your department or have more seniors?

Could you please share more?

In addition to that, I wanna say that you must go for company profile and JDs to know the difference between your present work profile and new offer which will help you in your decision.

See the work profile/JDs/ KRAs matters lot, which help the one to learn and grow.

For example : if you found a good work and things to learn and are more responsible for HR activates like Wages & Compensation to Compliance/Audit as a part of your present job but the offer you are getting by new employer is containing more Administration work then HR Activities would definitely not be good for you.

Also there is a big difference between Manager and Coordinator post that you need to understand too.

Now I wanna know how much strong your knowledge is about HR functions and Activities. This is also matters in that case.

From India, Gurgaon
nitinrbp1

Dear Arora sir,
as the size of the company not so big so they give me a title of Manager HR & Admin, and my duties and responsibilities here are Recruitment & Selection, employee Engagement, and the processing of salary of all employees except Statutory Compliance. i am the only person here who is looking all the work related to HR and admin.
and now i am facing problem to find a suitable job of that title ( Manager HR & Admin).
the company which offers the HR & admin Co-Coordinator position to me has a regional office is in Chandigarh and the head office is in Gurgaon. so they want me to handle the HR operations of Chandigarh office, as they found it difficult to handle it from Gurgaon.
Regards

From India, Chandigarh
anil.arora

So are you comfortable with Chandigarh? Are you in Gurgaon presently?

Well being a Chandigarian I would say that you are a really lucky person that getting a good opportunity to work in our home city. And if this new offer is allowing you to work on the same profile and giving you more learning and growth options can go with it.

Is this new Company from Retail Industry/MNC?

Well second what i feel is that you have a really good opportunity to set up a good HRD and can learn alot from this new job but the present job where you are working and having a really important roll can also give you a good career growth too. You are a Manager here and i guess in Gurgaon (NCR) where you can have many more good options to grow but not in Chandigarh bcz no good Industrialization available there in Chandigarh.

You knows better about yourself, your career objectives and what experience and knowledge you have gain so far, therefore, it is also depends what you are actually looking for your growth and learning. Im here in Gurgaon because i didnt get good career options, Job there in Chandigarh and found this place to set myself professionally. You also have to ask yourself now for this once.

Now, tell me whether you are selected by them for this role or just got an offer because to have an offer cant give a surety of joining/appointment, therefore, please let me know more about it. If the new employer is ready to hire you and waiting for your YES, then go and say YES to them. But if it is still an offer and you are just thinking over this, you must wait until they confirm you for your selection.

From India, Gurgaon
nitinrbp1

Presently, i am in Chandigarh. and would love to move gurgaon or noida if i get a better opportunity bcoz from the last few months i am trying to explore some new opportunity but fails every time as some time the job profile is not suitable and some time they are not taking me in as i am on manager profile right now with 2.3 yrs of experience. being an employee of a proprietor firm i now wants to move to the corporate or a manufacturing unit, i am trying but all in vain. presently in IT company and the opportunity which i got from telecom sector.
Sir, can i have your skype id or an email so that i can get in touch with you for your valuable views and guidance. either you can see me on Nitin Bhardwaj - India | LinkedIn
or catch me on skype my id is nitin-rattan
Regards
Nitin

From India, Chandigarh
anil.arora

well you can go to my CiteHR profile where you can get my contacts
From India, Gurgaon
akanksha.namdeo

Hi Nitin,
You really have earned good experience in the same stream you want to jump ahead, so you better know the moves. That depends on the company how renowned it is and if you feel that their are more learning and opportunities for you in future, although the profile is off roll at initials then you should positively think about it.
I guess you are really looking something out there that's why you are giving your deep thoughts on it.
Wishing best for your future endeavors,
Akanksha

From India, Indore
Sanjeev.Himachali

I often wonder if you can really classify HR into Core or Non-Core HR? The fact is, you cannot.
Always remember, your position is always related to the size of a company. If you are Manager-HR in a company with 50+ employees, you will be inducted as HR-Executive in a company with 500+ employees. It is important for you to know what you really want in your career. Where you see yourself in next 5 years from now. Seeking advice on forums like this is good but I am not certain if you will get appropriate advice. Here, you will only get opinions.

From India, Mumbai
samvedan

Hello,

To me the question "on roll", "off roll" employment bothers more than "Core-HR", "non-Core HR"!

From an employees perspective, being a regular employee provides a firmer footing for learning, growth and achievement than being an "off roll" employee. The further differences are, assurance of continuity, stability, creativity and exposure to various aspects of the function.

Off roll employees are expected to do only that which is assigned-routine, repetitive tasks like compliance, pay roll, administrative help for recruitment and other mundane activities, despite what may be professed! Very rarely, if at all, an off roll employee will be found in the main stream of the function. The growth accelerators like conceptualization opportunities, innovation, futurist thinking etc. do not come the way off roll employees! To me the difference is similar to that between the freedom fighters and country's soldiers as against the mercenaries!

Taking a comprehensive and a long term view of relevant matters one must make a decision for himself. From well rounded growth point of view it is always helpful to do reasonable stint in the manufacturing.

However, now you have more food for thought as it were!

Cheers and Regards

samvedan

July 26, 2012

-------------------

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.