No Tags Found!

Tejesh84
Hi, I\'m a B.Com graduate having 2.6 yrs of experience in Manual and Automation Testing. But the main thing is I have big gaps between the companies that I\'ve joined. Kindly help me with it asap. whenever I\'m being interviewed by any HR I\'m at loss of words and no Hr believes my story.

From India, Hyderabad
anil.arora

Hi Tejash, could you please complete your query and let us know something about this gap that you are talking about. From how many of months/years you are not working and why?
Until you explain here to us about your story, how can we provide you the valuable suggestion that you are looking here. Moreover, I’d request you to tell us the TRUTH not any STORY that you have presented to your recruiters.

From India, Gurgaon
rinsys

Sir, I am in same situation and me too need help in this. I also have around 3 years (not continuous) gap in my career. I worked with one company then got married and moved to other city so I have one year gap, and again I started working but could continue for only 6 months and again I did not work for two years for some genuine reasons. But how to smartly communicate to and give justification to employer about this gap without revealing personal information. I don't want to lie anything, but I also don't want to reveal anything about any personal life or my divorce or don't want to give impression that I can take break whenever I have personal issues which is not actually the case. I also have gap in studies, I completed graduation (B.com full time) & later did master in commerce (external) after five of completing graduation & after 2 years of that distance learning MBA (pursuing right now). Employers ask me this during interview but I don't understand how to smartly answer it.
From India, Ahmadabad
anil.arora

Hi Rinsys,

Do you know what actually helps the one who having gap in his/her employment/career and how one can communicate with Recruiters over this gap that has been took place.

Confidence with Strong knowledge and understanding of field/function can impress any recruiter.

Generally, recruiters never consider the profile with gap and candidates who have no continue work experience because this gap make them feel that candidate is not able to work with and already lacking experience and knowledge about work. However, they are also human but professionals and always want to hire people, who have demonstrated professionalism, have earned good experience and have good knowledge. But, if one demonstrates his/her good and strong knowledge, understanding, and that he/she is ready to give a good start and now committed and serious about career can get convince their recruiters.

One most not be too open with recruiters but strategically and confident while interview about knowledge and understanding they are expecting in candidature and you have earned.

For example: Your profile shows that you have total 3 years of experience but have no continues experience. And you were continuously absent from work for two year, that will never make recruiter feel good and confident about you and your knowledge and in that case what can help you is your confidence and your answers to recruiter based on your strong knowledge of your field.

Say for example, Mr. A joined in the company on 1.12.2000 He left the services on 17/08/2010. How will you calculate his gratuity? This you can answer only when you have knowledge about formula and have done calculation at your end. This is really a simple thing but hard for the people who are out of service/work for many years are lacking knowledge.

Strong knowledge and understanding can boost your confidence and confidence can make this possible bcz CONFIDENCE is everything in this world i believe.

"One who have knowledge but have no confidence cant get get any work done easily but if have confidence can learn, and make anything possible."

It is acceptable that to hid this gap is not so easy but can convince your recruiters to give you a chance to work based on your knowledge, interest that you are serious and will be committed to your work in future.

Therefore, learn as much as you can and improve your knowledge. And how you can perform this task is to be here on this place by reading post the subject. There are lot more things to know and learn.

Best of Luck

From India, Gurgaon
rinsys

@ anilkr.arora
Dear sir,
Thank you very much for your response and your motivational words. It helped a lot. You are right "Confidence with Strong knowledge and understanding can impress any recruiter". I agree with that, but what bothers me is that usually employers ask this question why do you have a gap in job and education and it confused me as to how to give a valid justification. I don't want anything to lie or hide but just that how mention effectively. As for education gap, I wasn't interested to do post-graduation earlier as I was focused on start working as soon as possible and earn money, but later I thought doing it. And I couldn't manage to do MBA soon after graduation due to some reasons. So right now pursuing distance learning MBA. Thank you once again for your informative and helpful answer. Appreciate it a lot for giving your time to respond.

From India, Ahmadabad
anil.arora

It is really appreciating that you don’t wanna hide your truth and have realization too, but you also cant forget that 100% truth also cant be accepted by anyone in this current age. I don’t care what other feel or say and about their perception about it but my practical observation, experience and requirement of this strategic, smart ages says this all.

I wont suggest you to lie but not 100% actually. And, I believe you got my point what I wanted to say here.

Second. I do not think you have no answers of their questions. You have gap in your career/education and are inexperienced (which is your status and to be considered by recruiter) that is your truth of today, and the reasons you also knows why these took place, therefore, can define them easily.

About your answer to recruiter, no matter what and how you answer to your recruiters on their question about your GAP, they will never consider it but certainly try to find potential in you and test your knowledge and understanding, which is actual job they have to perform. Every recruiter knows and can assume the answers they going to have in interview by candidates on their questions about GAP, but what they often see in candidates is lack of confidence while answering to them.

Let me ask you a basic question that comes very first and before all these conversation: Are you ready for interview?

And in answer of this question and preparation of your interview, you not just have to work for answer of this question about your GAP but for all question related to job profile/work/function (Experience, knowledge & Understanding) that you gonna apply for. And, when you will be ready with all these answers, will automatically be able to answer about question on your gap with confidence.

I have discussed the same in past with few of my friends & contacts who were at the same situation, with many members here on this forum and other, and found many answers and a lot that allow me to observe these things that I have explained here to you.

Lastly, it would be really a great help to me now I would say if you try this things in your life and share your experience with us. I believe anyone in this world can do anything what he/she really want to but need to get a CONFIDENCE which is not so easy to earn and one has to put 200% effort to achieve.

Best of Luck

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.