Mayur Shinde HR

Guys, Does any one knows how to insert today’s date in Mail merge doc and also how can we attach a document/sheet to mail merge recipients?
From India, Pune
dinshan97

Mayur, One thing yoy can do in the reference cell of excel you may type =today() and then use the same reference in mail merge hope this will work.
From United States
divya.pohare123
Hi mayur, please right click on the reference cell and select date in formatting. The dates will appear in desired format...i think this will help... Regards divya
From India, Bangalore
Akhil.Gupta

but when we mail merge the date column with doc file then mm-dd-yy format appears, can we change this format in dd-mm-yy format in word mail merge doc?
From India, Kota
sudharshanan.v

Dear Mayur Shinde
While creating in the excel data, change the date field in text format, so it will appear as it is in the mail merge.
Right click the date cell and go to format select text in category.
Regards
Sudharshanan

From India, Madras
marialawrence
Dear Mayur,
You can also use Field to create your own date formats and insert the same in document.
In Word 2007
The option is available under Insert -->Quick Parts-->Field-->Date
In the date Formats text box type dd-mm-yy
Regards
Antony.

From India, Madras
Mayur Shinde HR

Guys, None of the above works as desired. The format in word doc appears as mm/dd/yy, and what I expect is MMMM, DD, YYYY.
From India, Pune
marialawrence
Dear Mayur, I have tested your date format string (MMMM, DD, YYYY) and its working fine using Field code option. Check once again. Regards, Antony.
From India, Madras
Mayur Shinde HR

Antony, As per your instruction, I can insert MMMM,DD, YYYY in word doc, but i cannot Mail merge that field from a Excel sheet. its comes in a different format..
From India, Pune
marialawrence
Sorry. now only i understood your exact problem. Try the following solution:
Right click the date field in word and select Edit Field Option.
Then click the Field code button located left-bottom of the dialog box.
It may show a field code string in a box like
"MERGEFIELD Date "
In my excel sheet i gave the field name "Date". In your system it may be different.
Insert the below text after Date
\@ "MMMM, DD, YYYY"
The final field should be "MERGEFIELD Date \@ "MMMM, DD, YYYY"
Now Click ok button and check the Output.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.