No Tags Found!

battulap
Hi All
Friends i Need an expert advice.Please guide me on the same.
I am working in software company in Bangalore,From past 9 months I am working in U.A.E (Onsite assignment).
I have no contract/bond to work in onsite and I was getting only additional allowance apart from India salary
Recently I have resigned from the company as I was not able to work in onsite due to health problems
I want to serve my notice period in India but not at client place citing Health problems,but Company insists
me to server 3 month notice period in onsite.
Can the Company go for legal action against me ,if i dont serve my notice period in onsite?
What I have to do if i want to serve my notice period in India ?

From United Kingdom, Rickmansworth
Sanjeev.Himachali

You cannot choose the place to serve your notice period. You have been working at client site and hence your accountability is to the client. Your pending work is at client’s site and hence you need to complete your notice period also at the client site. The purpose of notice period is to complete the pending work and to continue with the work until the time company finds a suitable replacement of you whichever is former. I hope this will help.
From India, Mumbai
saiseven

You can convince your employer that the very reason for resigning from the job is that you have developed health problems which require my presence in india so that the family can take care of you and accordingly you are ready to serve the notice period in India.The employer can always find anothe substitute for onsight assignemnt, having regard to your healt problem.
B.Saikumar
HR & labour Law advisor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.