No Tags Found!

nitink005@gmail.com
Dear Friends,
I am a graduate Human Resource professional with more than 8 years international experience. Now i am planning to do my Distance MBA from IMSR Automomous (Indian Management School and Research) but i really don't know how valuable is in the Market please advise.
As i know its not approved by UGC or AICTE but still i need to know is MBA from IMSR considered in MNC or Private companies.
Waiting for your reply thanks in advance to helping me out.
Best Regards.
NK

From Kuwait
arahaman123@gmail.com

Dear NK,
Please clarify first whether your specialized subject of graduation is HRM or simply you had completed your graduation in other stream.
2nd why did you plan to carry out your MBA from such institute like IMSR which is not approved by UGC or AICTE.
3rd instead of having 8 years of exp in HRM, why did you fill after completion of MBA-HRM would give you added advantage in your career.
According to my point of view it is always better to stick yourself in doing some specialized training in HRM from reputed Training Institute that not only help you to know the field properly but also help to develop your skill in HRM field.
I think to accumulate many degree is not solution for getting more opportunity than others but sufficient knowledge & skill in your subject or field of your work might be a big advantage for your career.
Don't waste your hard earned money to invest such unaffiliated or unapproved institute.
With thanks & regards,
A.Rahaman

From India, Calcutta
nitink005@gmail.com
Dear Mr. Rahaman,
Thanks for the valuable advise. I did my graduation in Financial Accounting but facing dificulties in job like most of the companies ask for MBA with HR experience. I don't have HRM Degree that's the reason i am looking at MBA in HR please clear my doubts thanks. Eevn if you know institute for certification in HR please let me know which will add advantage in my resume thanks.

From Kuwait
sriramwarrier

Dear Nitin,
I understand you are just planning to do your MBA and not yet registered for the course.
I would suggest you to reconsider your decision on the basis my below observations.
1. It varies from company to company on whether they will consider you with MBA - HR (not recognized by UGC / AICTE). Most of the MNCs (IT & Non IT) prefer full time MBA gratutates into entry level positions. For middle level positions / experiences , companies with effective recruitment models will have an condition of taking either full time MBA or part time MBA from recognized universities.
2. In your case a full time MBA is out of question . When there are many universities in India offering distance MBA (recognized by UGC / AICTE), why would someone prefer to shell out more money and go for a unrecognized one.
Think of changing your decision. I can suggest you better universities which will offer distance eduction and has got wide acceptance

From India, Mumbai
nitink005@gmail.com
Dear Mr. Sriram,
Thanks for the valuable advise. Reason i was intrested with IMSR besause i can complete in one year ie if i enroll now by Dec 2012 i can complete. But with UGC/AICTE approved university minimum 2 years required for that i have to wait till Dec 2013 that's the only thing i am worry about.
Once again thanks Mr. Sriram...

From Kuwait
sriramwarrier

DearNitin,
Don't worry about the duration, the one year you save now might cost you heavily in future.
Do a two year course and take home a recognized MBA.
I suggest IGNOU will be good option for you.
<link no longer exists - removed>

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.