dhanu27

Hello,

I am in a dilemma which could be easier to take decision by your valuable advice. So, plz help me.

I am working with a builder group as HR executive since 1 yr. As I am not happy working here due to limited scope, some management issues and HR is considered here as a back-end operation only, I am looking for change but nothing worked out till now.
Though I have 4.5 yrs experience into HR, but due to this irrelevant profile didn't get good knowledge of real core HR functions. (Previously worked as HR co-ordinator on 3rd party payroll in MNC & then into consultancy as a Recruiter). Hence very disappointed by my career so far, since wants to make career as HR Generalist.

Now my query is that I m getting married after 2 months and this is also fact that I can't continue here anymore. Hence, I am planning to resign from here and take a break for marriage and start a fresh after marriage.

However, little worried about taking a break. Will this cause any problem in further career??

From India, Pune
M.Sayeed

You should have a solid reason for resignation, so that you can face this question in your next Interview.
Why you left your previous Job???
So, kindly think twice before any step, if possible ask for long holiday from your current employer (2 months)
1 month is for marraige and another is for searching a job, if your luck play then well and good, or you can join same.
Thanks,

From Kuwait, Hawalli
apurva.panwar

Hello dear,
You are a bit discouraged due to your job profile....it happens...
But are you sure that you will get the new job well in time....
If no, you should not leave the job untill you have a new job ready in your hand...
See getting a new job that too of your liking is not a joke...
The frustation that you might face then will be more than its now...
And if you get some job and again not of your type...then same problem as now...
So pls be sure that your wife and family will not face any problem if you leave the job...
If you have a new job ready for you, then only you should resign...
Search a new job...and then resign from current job...
Regards,
Mr. Apurva Singh

From India, Mumbai
dhanu27

Thanx Sayeed & Apurva......

Yes, I do agree with what your are suggesting & was my view as well.
However, the decision of leaving the current job is due to many reasons.
Apart from frustration of weak profile, I am handling the HR dept for a company which doesn't provide basic benefits only. There is no paid leaves, no PF, no system of yearly holiday, late mark system is so strict that half the salary deducted into it. Employees are very much dissatisfied and besides my many attempt to change all these, management do not want the change due to their orthodox & unprofessional vision & belief. And as a responsible person for caring for employee benefit it's very difficult to just sit at a position with no authority, no answer and no work.

Also, personally there is nothing to gain from here as far as skills, experience, value addition or salary is concern.

Hence, marriage could be a reason to take a break as I am a woman, staying away from home, would need some time to go to native place to spend some time with family.
What you say??

But yes, I am very much serious about my career to grow and that's why thinking so much before taking decision.

From India, Pune
apurva.panwar

Hello n gud mng mam,
After going through your post, I would advice you to leave the job, as your interest is completely gone to carry on with the current job.
Ya its true you will get a break, but its also true that finding a new job can be hard...
Anyways if you are fed up completely, do what you think right...
Forward your CV to this mail id-
And also the location/city you wish to work in future...
May be i can help you...
Regards,
Mr. Apurva Singh

From India, Mumbai
M.Sayeed

So, your current company is not following labor law,rules and regulations...(Then there is nothing to gain knowledge)
However decision is yours, you need to decide either to leave current job or carry on..
But as I said earlier you can take a break by asking for long leave, for marriage and searching new job.
Thanks,

From Kuwait, Hawalli
Dinesh Rajendran
This Dinesh Rajendran B.E-ECE 2010 passout with 73%

After finishing degree i joined in NCR corporation India Pvt Ltd, This is a ATM manufacturing Company and there i worked as a Customer Engineer ,
My job is to Service the ATM machines , Software Loading, ATM Troubleshooting , Network Troubleshooting , Sever Rooting ,
Now i quit that job , seeking good job now, so please help me to get good job ,
my id is

From India, Bangalore
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Dhanu 27
You can resign from the current job, and pursue some skills in HR field, you mentioned that you are looking for HR generalist profile, so research what it takes to become HR generalist, what areas you need to learn and develop skills in.
You can go for basic labor law diploma, payroll management, soft skills trainer course, performance management systems etc.
You have got a golden opportunity to seek new ones, and you have valid reason and convenient time to leave your current job.
Meanwhile you need to spend time with family, brush up on your skills and knowledge, hunt for a job and during interview you can justify the gap and reason of leaving as marriage and acquiring skills.

From Kuwait, Salmiya
tajsateesh

Hello dhanu27,
Hussain has given you fine guidance.
Coming to the justification for the gap in your career--whenever you wish to join another job later--you can always take advantage of our Indian customs applicable to women.
Marriage & maternity are always acceptable reasons in the Indian context for long gaps in career. So don't worry too much reg this aspect.
But pl ensure you follow Hussain's suggestion to pursue courses relevant to you profile--NOT just to enlarge your HR profile BUT ALSO TO ENSURE you stay in touch with your core competency areas [lest you find yourself at loss when you attend interviews later]. Hope you get the point.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
dhanu27

Good Morning!!!!
Thanks Apurva & Sayeed again...
@Hussain & tajsateesh, thank you for your contribution as well. The suggestions you have given are wise and exactly the same as what i am thinking.
Hmmm...well, thanks again. Such guidance really boost up to move forward.
Looking forward to take a small break now & will be back for 2nd inning.....:):):)....

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.