No Tags Found!

Layi Sufianu

In my experience, I have been conducting appraisal for new employees on probation using mainly qualitative evaluation criteria. But I have a new boss who thinks that probation appraisal should be more quantitative, that is, specific targets should be set for every new employee irrespective of the job role.
I will appreciate contributions from all of you on this subject.
Layi Sufianu

From Nigeria, Lagos
Amitmhrm

Hi Layi..
Apart from qualitative evaluation, even you can go ahead with personal evaluation too.. the contents may be..
Attitude,
Behavior with peers, subordinates and colleagues..
Relations with above all
Punctuality
Absenteeism
Work commitment level
Carrier oriented
Sincerity towards work and etc that you think could help you to evaluate his performance during his stay on probation period..
Hope it might help you to give an idea to move further..
Regards,
Amit Seth.

From India, Ahmadabad
heddurshettar

hello, during probation the target to be given to the extent of low and quantitative. if the target is so high they may frustrate. till they set in the work time must be gien and liberty. thank u
From India, Bangalore
pritpal_786
Hello
Your Boss is right in many ways but not all.However just to tell you that Measuring is very important for Managing.However it is not that simple having said that.Please request your boss to give you some examples in learning so that you can follow that.
regards
Pritpal

From India, Mumbai
udhay.p
dear layi
Its always better to have two sides for the evaluation system. 1.objective and 2. Subjective
Objective --- what i mean is "quantifiable elaments"-- to be specific, it can be from the task. The objective elements should start right from the job description as such.
DO YOU HAVE clear JD's for all the roles??????? if you have then its easy for you to frame an objective part in the evaluation system.
subjective--as discussed by other members
regards
udhay

From India, Hyderabad
kmsridhar

even for qualitative measures you can quantify their intensity on a scale of 1-10 so that u get some thing quantifyable totally or you can quantify concretly the suitability of a particluar assessment trait in a yes or no format and score the averages of all qualities . if it crosses the bench marks you have set well this could be a fantastic system of appraisal

adotsk
Hi Layi,
I would say your BOSS is 100% right. Without measuring the Quantitative part of an Employee, no point in giving him/her any appraisals. Targets are set not just to achieve the Revenue but to analyze an Employee's Productivity.
Keeping a quality employee without quantity (i.e) productivity is of no use to the management. Its 100% true that every employee should be qualitative, but 200% mandatory to be Quantitative which I call as Productivity.
Cheers,

Layi Sufianu

Dear all,
I thank you for your comments. Could somebody tell me the quantitative criteria to use in PROBATION appraisal of a fresher in a marketing role for the purposes of confirmaing the staff's appointment?
A fresher is somebody that just graduated with a diploma or a Bachelor's degree but with no work experience.
The EMPHASIS is on PROBATION (staff that have just been employed) and those that do not have previous job experience.
For Performance Managment System, certainly, the appraisal instrument must address both quantitative and qualitative indices.
Will approceiate your inputs from this perspective.
Thanks
Layi

From Nigeria, Lagos
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.