ravikanth.msv

Dear All,
I am always confused by the way Benefit/Contribution period are used. I found it difficult to estimate the amount that gets to the beneficiary.
I faced with a problem when one of the IPs met with an accident and that was informed to us after 2 months. What am i supposed to do??? Please guide me!
Regrads,
M S V R K S

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

There are two contribution periods, viz, April to Sept and October to March, the year following. Corresponding to it we have two benefit periods, the periods during which sickness benefits (cash benefit) and maternity benefits are made available, ie, January to June ( for Oct- March contribution period) and July to December (for April- Sept contribution period) The benefit period will be 9 months of commencement of contribution period. therefore, an employee joined in the middle of a contribution period can have his first benefit period after nine months of his joining.

An insured employee is entitled to cash benefits only during the benefit period. at the same time, in case of employment injury, accident while on duty, the above ruling is not applicable and is eligible to get benefits from the day one of his joining. The similar is the case with medical benefits (hospital facilities, treatment etc) and is available to the family of the insured also.

Since the accident report is expected to be delivered within two days of accident, it is not possible to get the accident benefit in your case. However, you may write to ESI about your failure to send the report and request him to consider.

Regards,

Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
mandeepgahlawat

I am not understand about ESIC contribution or benefit period sir, can you give me brief discription what is the benifit of this period and how it is helpful for employee why it is required for us or what is tha criteria of this period
From India, Panipat
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Sir, kindly see Regulation 4 of ESI (General) Regulations, 1950 which defines Contribution Periods and corresponding Benefit Periods.In order to be eligible for certain benefits under Benefit Period, the employee concerned should have contributed for minimum number of days in the relevant contribution period. For example, if an employee has not contributed for such minimum number of days during the contribution period from April to September then he will not be eligible for benefit during the benefit period starting from January next.
2. Three months periods from October to December is treated as a period during which the records of the employee/insured persons are to be updated to know the eligibility in next benefit period.
3. Social security schemes like ESIS work on the principles of eligibility of an insured person/employee depending upon his contribution during the relevant contribution period.

From India, Noida
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.