No Tags Found!

gshombal

Hi guys, What are the good practice of HR to retain the high potential employee in the company. GS
From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

There are hundreds of options available.. A few can be:
Celebrating birthdays wedding anniversaries of employees
Team Outing
Project completion dinners / gettogethers
Recognising talent through establishing trophies.. like Salesman of the Quarter, Employee of the quarter etc
Education Loan scheme, Vehicle Loan Scheme, Computer or Housing Loan scheme
Sponsoring employees higher education.
However these need to be cascaded down from the top. Your management should agree and there is always a financial impact on the business and that need to be evaluated.
Best wishes

From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear GS,
What Mr Sundaram NK has described are the hygienic factors. The intrinsic method is career planning. Laying down career path for the employees is powerful tool of their retention. It will help you in grooming them for holding higher positions as well.
You can also support career planning with another OD intervention - Mentoring. Though mentoring is far more comprehensive, mentors can help their mentees (or learners) in improving their career also.
Thanks,
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
sylviaprince

Dear GS,
High performer should be retained as they are apart of profit earners.Just by giving loans,u are making him borrow money for interest. you can do few things that would really motivate him.
1.Promote him with responsiblity .-Those people love to be in middle of praises for few times and they would like them self to be recognized.
2.appreciate his good work in front of Juniors and make him train them.This will give him an impression that he is a role model for his juniors.
3.Hike a little his salary according to the revenue he gives as a profit to the company.
4.Make a team out or sponsor his family for 2 days out.--This will make him spend his time with family/Team for a little relaxation.
Regards
Sylvia

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sylvia, GS has written about employee having high "potential" and not "performance". You could have taken cognizance of the difference between these two words. DVD
From India, Bangalore
archnahr

Hi GS,
The high potential employees can be retained with by various means and strategies:
As Dinesh mentioned, Career planning and advancement opportunities is one of the key ingredients with right amount of compensation as per market.
Research suggests, that Engaged employees are the happiest and stays in companies for longer durations, providing challenging tasks and opportunities for freedom to work on new initiatives are also some factors that can be worked upon.
I have experienced that there are employees who seeks feedback,for them its important to know how they are progressing to achieve goals.
regards,
Archna

From India, Delhi
ms.monika

Hello Archna., I hv sent the msgs but no reply. I just confirm with you whether u hv n’t rcvd the msgs? rgds/mona
From India, New Delhi
permeshwernath

Hello Gs , you have touched upon as how to reduce attrition thereby retain potential candidates. when we talk about potential the company has to recognize in which area related to his job function he is strong and than give more responsibility with challenges and show the growth opportunity. sometimes we give the responsibility to a person in which he is not strong or no inclination than after some time he gets bore and as there are no challenges he quits (to find or to satisfy his need , looks to other company.) . Other things like compensation, family get together are complementary to this .
Regards
Permeshwernath

From India, Pune
skhadir

Dear Gshombal,
Have you ever tried to communicate with a HIGH POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE to find out more about his expectations, that would give scope for him to serve your organisation.
Many members had submitted their best suggestions but, i want POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES TO SPEAK UP & REVEAL THEIR EXPECTATIONS as i love understanding their PSYCHOLOGY. Once, i get clear picture, its up to the management "how best they can utilize POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE in favour of organisation, while meeting his expectations/requirement, proportionately"
Also try to find out/explore, to what extent HIGH POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE wants to support and take his organisation to the pinnacle of glory...These are the employee who should do their BEST for their ORGANISATION else they cant be considered as "HIGH POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES"
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Anabeeb
Potential means exactly that, potential, i.e. a promise only.. Set tasks and targets or personal KPI's to challence the promise. Show the route to the corporate ladder. If indeed the promise becomes something more he or she will be willing to stay and see how far he or she can go..
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.