No Tags Found!

premacitehr

Dear All,
We had recently installed vending machine in our office and we had bought coffee mugs for all and asked them to maintain by themselves.Today suddenly one of my colleague came and said that his coffee mug is about to break so get me a new mug. I went and said the same to my boss. Now he is asking me to come out with a policy like every year we will buy a new mug and in the course of time if something happens to the mug the company will not bear the cost. I don't know how to frame the same as a policy. Can anybody help me out to do the same!

From India, Madras
anuradha.diwan7

Dear, You can do one thing there is mug printing avilable in the market.go to this and release a circular if the mug breaks punishment will be coffemug cost.
From India, New Delhi
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Prema

This is a simple situation, not much paperwork or policy making is required. Send an E mail to all employees, regarding usage of coffee mug terms and conditions, you can present something like this

Dear All

In an effort to provide a refreshing breaktime, company has provided beverage dispensing machine for the staff. With reference to usage of Mugs to be used for beverages consumed by individual staff, please note company has provided or will provide one coffee mug for each employee at the begining (this depends on number of mugs purchased). However as mugs are distributed, the responsibility of keeping the mug usable remains with the individual staff. Company is not responsible for replacing the damaged mugs.

Staff members are requested to maintain the mugs and if broken, it is to be replaced by new one by the responsible staff.

By Management Order

Kindest Regards

XYZ

This is just a sample I thought of sharing, hope it works. Also you may put a signboard near the vending machine where mugs are stored.

Best Wishes

Hussain

From Kuwait, Salmiya
deadsoul2011

Yeah buy steel mug or tumblers so that even if they fall they wont break also one suggestion if you are serving in pantry then let all mugs be in pantry, you post sounds funny i mean coffee mugs are common in pantries, and one attendant will be there to take care of mugs, i.e wash after serving and keep for next round. Else keep thermocol, use and throw plastic mugs ;)
From India, Madras
gemini
Use and throw cups are a norm outside vending machines.
The cost may be slightly higher but benefits of hygiene and the hassles that are avoided far outweigh the cost benefits of a traditional porcelain cup.

From India, Indore
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Reader Friends

@ White Eagle : Hey thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Great Idea, steel mugs are good options, sometimes steel mugs may not go with style of the management you know ! steel mugs can be used in factories as they are rough and tough, but you know, steel mugs are a good idea, one can get good looking steel material coffee mugs in the market.

@Deadsoul2011 & Gemini : Regarding using Disposable plastic or thermocol cups is fine for convenience, but you know there are lot of other effects to it. like :

Excessive or wasteful usage of cups.

Increase in Garbage, usually employees leave this disposables cups anywhere once they are done with the drink. also it wil increase the heap of used cups in garbage bins and if not maintained well, one can see garbage bins overflowing.

Environmental pollution, we know that plastic or thermocol is causing problems in our society and environment, so we can take a little small step in curbing its use wherever necessary.

Regarding Hygiene : I feel, anyone who drinks coffee can rinse the cup after he/she is done with drinking. rather then dump the pile of used coffee mugs on the office boy or maintenance staff to clean them.

Best Wishes

Hussain

From Kuwait, Salmiya
premacitehr

Hi Hussain, Thanks a lot for your valuable post. It is very useful. You have excellent drafting skills. Give me some tips to improve my email writing.
From India, Madras
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Prema
Thanks a lot for the compliment ! and regarding your query with tips on effective E mail writing, what can I say ! .. you are at the right place CITEHR, this is not a website ! its a treasure of knowledge, experience, skills, and whole load of fun stuff.
This is like the cave from the fairly tale (Ali Baba and 40 Thieves) .. !! Just say Khul Ja Sim Sim !! and type in the search field (Seekers shall find) whatever information your are looking for you will get it. :-D
So any E mail writing Tips which I may tell you which I have learnt from here. Refer to it directly. and you can keep practising.
Best Wishes
Hussain

From Kuwait, Salmiya
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.