No Tags Found!

creativitysparkles
Hi,
I need to identify critical positions and resources in my organisation. Can any one help me out please as to how do i go about identifying them? What are the possible questions I could ask my functional heads to identify these positions and resources.
Also one important thing - Why and for what do we need to identify critical resources and positions? Sorry for this extremely silly question but this is the first time, I am doing this and I really dont know where to start from.
Please help!
Regards
Pallavi. [/b]

From India, Delhi
murali.erp

Hi,
With my experience, i can suggest you the following :
1. Identify employees department wise and categorise them as resource within the department and outside the department (for co-ordinating with other departmets)
2. Identify the tasks carried by that employee can be handled by any other employee or not(as backup).
3. Get list of people who are handling tasks on which there is no other person as back up are critical resources.
A typical scenario is there should be a back up two people for single position at any time. Here, backup means on a sudden exit, there should be two people available to handle his job(his job role is known to those people and perform in his position).
I heard somewhere, HLL has a crisis management system if all the top managerial personnel leave the company after working hours, has a back up team to take care of their jobs next morning first hour.
Hope this may be useful.
Murali.

From India, Hyderabad
dineshprabhakar

Pallavi,
For a IT Company the following aspects may helps u to find a critical resources.
1. Performer:-
Any company have blend of both performers & non performers. Performers are the critical resources. You ask discuss with the Project Manager /roject Leader to know the Performer in the team. You may also compare thier past peformance ratings
2. Key Resources:-
For any IT project there will be Key Person who may be a deciding person or the person who is versed with rare technical skills
You can design few innovative ideas to highlight the critical resources which may motive them and retain in the same company

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
dineshprabhakar

Pallavi,
For mapping Critical resources in your company, pls use 3X3 matrix based on the Performance & Potential. Critical resource are those who are high potential & high performers
Regards
Dinesh

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.