smirag76
I am presently working in Gulf as Secretary for the past 4 years. Owing to some personal reasons, I am planning to relocate to India. Prior to it, i have 5 years of experience in MNC in India.

Please advise how much will this Gulf experience be considered if i relocate to India.

Your valuable feedback will help to plan my relocation.

Regards,
Raghavan

From Oman, Muscat
Kesava Pillai

Dear Friend,

Kindly pose this question to HR personnel. Safety and related people may not be able to advise you on this. However I can very well say that your anxiety is unwarranted. Experience any where is valuable at work and in life. Back here in India your gulf experience will definitely pay you rich dividend.

You worked in Gulf for some time. You also worked with an MNC in India prior to that. Definitely you have thus experienced the difference in working there and in India.

The most important difference is that there in Gulf no excuses entertained for unsatisfactory work. You have to do your job satisfactorily. They want you to do the job of your own. If you are found unfit you are sacked. No one will come forward for your rescue. You have no grievances there – you just work. In Gulf there will not be anyone interested to heed for your grievances even if you have any. In India you have more grievances than work. After confirmation majority of employees here talk of their employers as their worst enemies - I used to hear. There in Gulf you do not dare to go for unhealthy criticism against your employer.

Here you are paid by employer but you are loyal only to your union.

You work in Gulf even on weekly holidays. National holidays are limited. Even for national holidays option is there for you to work and earn overtime which you will never forgo. There is no bandh or hartal for you to enjoy every other day. You won’t avail frequent casual leave, privilege leave or sick leave. Probably in your service there you never availed a sick leave. All because there you earn many fold for doing the same job.

My advise is “your experience will be valuable everywhere but you consider options yourself and take decisions of your own”.

Regards,

Kesava Pillai

From India, Kollam
smirag76
Dear Mr. Pillai
Thank you for valuable feedback. But, I would like to know after working for some years and Gulf and when you relocate, how much weightage one get for his Middle East exposure.
There is a comment that your Gulf experience is no where valid. What is your views??
Regards,
Raghavan

From Oman, Muscat
MANMAKER

Dear Raghavan
I do agree with Mr.Pillai comments.. i guess your looking on weightage on compensation.. Maybe you will not get such equal compensation in India, still you can try some good industry. But im sure Indian professional are much better than Gulf professionals.
Based on your skills and ability, you can find better job in India.
Wish you all the best….
BR
Ganiga

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
smirag76
Dear Mr. Ganiga, Yes. I agree with your views. More than compensation, I would like to know whether this experience will be considered or nullified. Regards, Raghavan
From Oman, Muscat
Kesava Pillai

Dear Mr.Raghavan,
Let me try ....
Your experience is an added advantage for sure.
Please note that there was a time when experience mattered much in employment market. Now more than experience employers need candidates who can perform of their own. It is a proven fact that number of years on the job alone can not guarantee performance.
With your experience especially the gulf experience if you can do your job reasonably well you have no reason to worry about. However from the very post I smell your lack of confidence which is unwarranted.
It is a sellers’ market now. You have your services to sell. Buyers are plenty. Be bold. You only know its value. The competency you acquired with your experience is of course quite valuable and it will fetch its price.
Good luck.
Regards,
Kesava Pillai

From India, Kollam
smirag76
Dear Mr. Pillai
Thanking you for your right guidance. It really charged me up and boosted my morale. Now, I have the courage and determination to knock any doors.
Thank you once again.
Regards,
Raghavan

From Oman, Muscat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.