yvonne desilva
hiii,,,,
i am asking this on behalf of one of my freinds......my freind is interested in working for the payrool section in HR dept ,,,but she plans to get into recruitment and then internally change to payroll...she says it is difficult for her to directly get into payroll as she is a fresher...is it true dat pyrolls need experienced professionals.....but then a fresher can only bcum a experienced?
or are there sum othr prerequisites to enter into payroll...is a background in finance necessary for it?
regards,,,
yvonne

From India, Thana
gem_rafi

Dear Freind,
Good Day!!
For getting into Payroll, its not necessary that you should be from finance background. For payroll process, the compnay where the job has been offered have they implemented any ERP system or Package if so its a grert oppurtunity to work and learn new things. For payroll processing knowledge about Statutory things like ESI, PF, Professional Tax is required. Its good that directly job has been offfered in Payroll. Even getting into recruitment is a good option. but once you get into recruitment it will take time for your to get into oter activities of HR. Being into payroll you can be a part of Recruitment team.
regards
Mohamed Rafiulla

From Saudi Arabia
indushri

There is no such criteria that only experienced people can work on payroll,
you can start career in payroll dept as trainee or assistant, gradually you will get experience in handling payroll independently..............
Regards,
Indu

From India, Bangalore
SHISHIR.HR
Hi,
I found the above two replies quite helpful to get an insight into the HR core activity.
Please could someone also guide me about other core activities in HR that are well paying.
Thanks & Regards
Shishir

From India, Delhi
vkokamthankar

• It is not necessary to have specific experience to work in a particular section or department, but at the beginning of the career you do not have much choice unless you are very uniquely qualified.
  • But employer will always place you in a section and dept. according to his priorities and requirements and not according to your choice and liking. Wherever you are placed do your best, impress employer with your hard work and dedication. Learn as much as possible. First think of gathering all possible knowledge and experience from available opportunities and then think of specializing in a particular area. Take time to learn and then decide on where to specialize
  • Make a formal request to your boss/HOD to put you in a Payroll Dept. But clearly state why you are interested in Payroll and do not give a impression that you are not interested in your current assignment. Do state that, you will continue to work in recruitment until right opportunity comes in payroll for you.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.