tyagi.shilpi43
Dear All!
one of my friend is working in an IT Software company in HR dept. in UAE. there she has signed a contract for 3 yrs which is the normal formality to get a company visa in UAE, she joined the company in july but her company visa started 6 mnths later...b4 dat it ws a visit visa. when she joined the company there was no HR dept.she recruited so many people in the company for different positons included manager HR, even her boss was happy. now her visa is getting expire in the year end, n the boss started ignoring her, her HR manager told that the boss is planning to remove you in July as u r completing 3yrs while the contract is getting over in the year end. she is having no job in hand....can u guys pls suggest her something....what to do in this case.
will be tahnkful to all

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
trainer.consult

options i can think off...
>> face it as it comes
>> explore other job/options in UAE
>>return to Home country ---- I wud assume it as India... there are plenty here, if she needs something i can help one.
all said, if the present employers wants to continue they will do so............or explore above.

From India, Bangalore
purnima19

Dear Shilpi,

Ask your friend to talk to her boss' superior or any personnel who has authority to renew or end the contracts. Ask her to take with her all the certificates of appreciation or achievement letters or if there are no certificates given by the company, ask her to form a summary of what at all she has done in last three years after joining. Let her present her performance in front of the authority and convince them that she has always been an asset to the company. And then let her her ask question to the authority that still if the company feels I should leave when the contract ends the I will leave.

there may be a situation where it is possible that your frnd's boss might not have presented her performance to the higher authorities instead he might have taken all the credit. So its the time to show your guts and tell the higher authorities her wothiness. Still if the decision comes to be negetive then you dont have any option. also ask her to renew her visa if she can, and tell the company that my visa can be extended and i can still serve your organisation. Give them all the options from your side and wait for the result.

Thats what you can do. Give them agood fight no matter wat thye result is...

I hope this might help you....

From India, Mumbai
tyagi.shilpi43
thanx Purnima....
thanx a lot for your suggestion.
even i feel that u r absolutely right here "there may be a situation where it is possible that your frnd's boss might not have presented her performance to the higher authorities instead he might have taken all the credit"
but the thing is that my friend is a good friend of her immediate boss(HR Manager) and as her immediate boss told her about the firing and also ask not to tell to MD that he told her about that. so here its a kind of imotional situation...even i feel somewhere that it might be possible that the immediate boss is doing all this to save his job as the company is very small n cann't afford 2 hr people. i m really confused about this situation.....n its really difficult to get a job in uae..job market is really down..d only chance to get a job....if sumbody refer...
pls suggest

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
purnima19

Shilpi....
Its a clear trap... cant u see... there is no friendship or favorism between the professional people.... so dont be emotional... the instance that hr manager is asking ur frnd not to update MD about the situation clearly states that he wants to save his job and sacrifice ur frnd's job....
ask her to be straight forward and highlight her own performance with proofs.....

From India, Mumbai
d6b1aa35c915930b5829a8d1c
what purnima says is absolutely true.. face what comes in a way.. do not think emotionally and save your HR Manager.. If you think you want further extention.. go and meet the right guy in the company.. I think it will work.. or worst to worst be prepared to come back to ur beloved country... absolutely great place to work today...
suhas

From India, Mumbai
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi, advise your friend to get out the hell hole called UAE. let her not complicate matters. one of my earlier bosses, whose contract was ending, talked to his employers about his extension. the crooks did not extend. adding insult to injury, they tore a piece of paper in his passport for which he had to face considerable difficulty for coming out and entering into India.
from an individual perspective, I would rather be unemployed than work in pig sty

From India, Madras
Cite Contribution

Greetings,
Suggest your friend to return to India on the end of the contract and return to UAE with a new job . The fact that the boss had not acknowledge, it is evident that the chances are bleak. Rather than concentrating on her way to fight around, it’s best she focus on getting a new job. Even if it doesn’t happen soon, she would still get to gain from it, as you had mentioned the current organization may not need 2 HR, hence the growth would be very low in her current role.
Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.