prashanthbs
Dear All

I am working in a company and joined here in june 2008. as per the appointment letter i supose to get confirmation letter after completion of 6 months.i.e in Dec.08. but i didn't get that.

In Feb.09 myself asked our HR for my job confirmation but they told me that due to recession this is not the right time to confirm. so i kept quite.

But all of a suddon one day in Nov.09 (after 1 1/2 year) our HR department themselves insisted me to take Confimation even thogh the recession was there. Then i refused to take confimation as they were giving confiramtion without revising my salary (because i joined this company for the salary which was same in my previous company).

So i discussed with my HOD and i clearly told that since 2 1/2 year (including my previous company) i am working for the same salary i can't accept this confirmation, i will accept this confirmation only if i get reveised salary otherwise i will continue in the same condition.

As per our appoint letter i should give 1 week notice in the probabationery period and 2 months prior notice after the confirmation in writing.

Now my doubt is whether i should give 2 months notice or 1 week notice as i have not accepted my job confirmation letter.

My dear friends please clear my doubt.

Best Regards
Prashanth..

From India, Mumbai
Mahr

Dear prashanthbs,
Normally any employee after serving 220 working days in a organization. He/She will be considered as a full time employee in spite of the organization not issuing them a confirmation letter. I am not much sure about the no of days. In your case you shall give them a week notice..

From India, Bangalore
bei
I agree with Mahr. You should give a week notice then depending upon ur terms with the departmental head u can extend it upto 2 months. But preferably week notice is recommendable.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.