No Tags Found!

jyotipoojary
Hey all,
Im working on a final project on Employee Retention. I would like to know if there are any measurement tools that are used for Employee Retention so that I could give it a more practical perspective. Thanks a lot.
- Jyoti

From India, Mumbai
rak

Hi, Jyoti
one of the most important point for employee retention is employee relationship
you have to get involved with your workforce and see what are their greviences and complaints
secondly you have to award the employee for his good work and introduce systems where the employee gets benefits on yearly or quaterly basis ...increment and bonus is also a part off employee retention
hope this might help u
Regards
Rakshak N Shetty

From Kuwait
Rajat Joshi

Hi Jyoti,
Analyse the exit interview data to find out the reasons..
Employee Survey may provide broad outline on the issues to be dealt with vis-a-vis attrition.
Money alone cannot be tool alone to retain the talent but one has to address the myraid cultural issues of the organization and more importantly review two factors -
1. Work processes
2. Managers who run the show and deal with nitty gritty of the personal issues of employees.
Also, you can refer my article on retention strategies in this forum..may provide some insight.
Have a great day.
Regards,
Rajat Joshi

From India, Pune
Sanjeev.Himachali

Hello Jyoti
I always tell my fellow colleagues to do the basics, correctly. "Employee Retention Process" starts from Interview.
Your communication Policy.
Career Planning.
Transprancy in Performance Appraisal.
Succession Planning.
Work environment.
Medical Benefits
Retirement Benefits
Ensure these things and I am sure that you will be able to control the attrition rate.
You will get a good data from your "Employee Satisfaction Survey" and "Exit Interview Details"
These are the things...which helps a lot in retaining people...in any industry.
You can also refer to the article... Employee Retention Process and Your Marriage (Link to the article: <link outdated-removed> riage&id=368554)
I hope this will help. Feel free to ask any query.
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma
(Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com/)

From India, Mumbai
vrajeev

Hi jyoti, Employee retention cannot be measured using simple rating instruments. It is a very complex problem which has links to several factors. The main reason for an employee to stay or leave is a mixture of several influences working on his mind. Some of these influences may be at the sub conscious level too making it difficult to detect even for the person concerned. ("I dont know what's wrong here, but somehow, I simply want to leave") The personality related factors are extremely powerful in deciding whether to continue or quit, that we cannot have a common measuring tool to either detect or analyse the process of attrition.
However, academic inferences can be made by studying the causes for employees staying back beyond an average period of time( through a well designed survey) and by the causes for attrition( exit interviews).
best wishes
Rajeev.V

From India
pavanjat
WEE can save the time & money through the employee encouragement
or by motivate the employee skills
tell ever they should not find the right place for working areas they could not be able to handle the task

From India
Varshav
Hi, Do you have a form where we can ask HOD / Boss the main 5 reason why they want to retain a particular employee. Varsha

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.