jayshree15

Printing Cost:
  • All printers in branches to be made printing in Duplex (both sides of paper) mandatory. Option to print one side should be done only where required - (If your facing any problem, contact IT engineer immediately or log IT call in ehelpline on green page)
  • Reuse brown or even mail envelopes from bills, letters, etc), i.e. Packaging is reused to package things within the offices
  • Think twice before printing documents. If document or data can be kept in hard disk, no need to print and file
  • Before printing check the document in 'Print Preview' section
  • Use back pages of obsolete documents or scratch papers for printing nonsensitive, draft or interoffice communication. These obsolete documents can also be used as Mini note pads or note cubes within the department
  • Bulk copies of training material , notes, etc should be approved by the administrative head of the branch before taking the copies. Office boys, who takes such bulk copies should refer to FO when he is given the job.
Courier Cost:
  • Multiple covers sent to one location should be clubbed in a single envelope and let the cover be addressed to FO in the location who will redistribute as per the names in the covers inside the main envelope.
  • Do not send any personal couriers
Stationery Cost:
  • Make sure all the exit employees submit all their stationery back to reception (at FO), we can recycle the same, to reduce our stationery cost
  • Reuse recovered paper clips, fasteners, folders and envelopes (If it is in good condition)
  • Binders, box files and pocket files are all reused by placing new labels on the spine
Electricity Cost:
  • During the day, when sales team is out on the field, Split AC's can be put 'OFF' depending the requirement or kept "ON" with round robin basis.
  • Turn off computer monitors when on break-in or not in use
  • All toilets lights must be turned off when not in use
  • During the day, windows can be opened and lights to be put on only where required
Other cost:
  • Do not waste paper cups / Tissue Rolls

From India, Mumbai
Anurag Jain

Hi,

We can also add the below:
A. Reimbursement of expenses of Sales people:

1. Check the client visit planning and the actual bills
2. Hotel Stays; allow the bills as per the authorization of category of room to stay at hotel and the actual bills submitted; which ever is lower
3. Cut taxi hirings, encourage the public transport at long distances.
4. Output based travelling expenses reimbursement; to encourage the purposeful client visits.

B. Hiring Costs

1. Introduce the staff referrals to avoid and/or reduce the job portal expense; insist HR to create the own database and plan to expand the candidates database
2. Execute the agreement with the recruitment consultants at reduced consultation fees or try to agree them for a lump sum fees for the number of openings (if any) or senior mgmt opening. Empanel them.
3. Retain employees at the revised negotiated packages
4. Kick off lazy and unproductive employees. Negotiate the compensation. Ask them for immediate leave, so that the expenses can be saved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From India, Jaipur
subodhkr
We are into very difficult times .Ripple s of economic down turn has now touched Indian shores .Every corporate/industry/company is now thinking of down sizing , handing over pink slips or sacking employees ,defering new employment or cutting salaries . It is happening because people dont apply their energy or intellect in finding cost reduction strategies or cost reduction ideas in their related areas . Small ideas or tips can save thousands of rupees which in turn would help people retaining their job . I have compiled some thoughts on my website www.shumaonline.com . May I request you all professional who are in service , manufacturing ,banking or any other areas to contribute or share their ideas to people to cut cost .I would be happy to publish these articles on my website with your name ,address,contact no and email address ( in case someone wants for better understanding ).

--
With Best Regards
subodh kumar singh
ceo
www.shumaonline.com

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.