No Tags Found!

pjsharma

Hi : Can anyone let me know , what kind of tests do corporates conduct on their entry level position (salary range 5000-7000 p.m) candidates to guage their interest and/or potential in the job? I dont need the specific test. a few names would do if anyone has that info?
I am a psychologist, but with little experience in OB. I have got an offer from a training consultant who wants me to conduct behavioural assessment on candidates to basically find out if they will stick on the job for at least 3 months after they have been hired. This is a client who is grappling with very high attrition rates! the candidates usually quit after a month as a result of which the consultant doesnt get paid.
Thanks

From India, Khopoli
Yogesh_Bisht

Hi,
Well it depends on company's policy to conduct which sort of tests for which level of entrants. There are battery of tests available.
There are IQ and Aptitude tests which are conducted at that level. In addition psychometric tests like 16 PF, Thomas profiling etc could be conducted.
I think the real reasons for attrition need to be identified and addressed. No test would be able to predict the retention if the environmental factors are not addressed it could be poor pay compared to other companies in the market, working environment, working time, supervisor, pressure etc. And sccordingly you could assess for stability of the person to work under pressure etc

From India, Mumbai
Bob Gately

Hello pjsharma:

>Can anyone let me know, what kind of tests do corporates conduct on their entry level position ... candidates to gauge their interest and/or potential in the job? I don't need the specific test. a few names would do if anyone has that info?<

The US Department of Labor (DOL) recommends a whole person assessment. We have many psychologists and more than 50,000 employers using our assessments. Our best whole person assessment for predicting job success is the ProfileXT. If you'd like to receive the DOL report by email, send me an email with "Send DOL Report" as the subject to the email address in my signature block below.

>I am a psychologist, but with little experience in OB. I have got an offer from a training consultant who wants me to conduct behavioural assessment on candidates to basically find out if they will stick on the job for at least 3 months after they have been hired.<

Our clients' new hires stay for years not just a few months.

>This is a client who is grappling with very high attrition rates! the candidates usually quit after a month as a result of which the consultant doesn't get paid.<

That describes an ineffective selection process. If they hired for talent, they could avoid such bad hires.

From United States, Chelsea
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.