Greeshu
Hi... every one

This is Greeshu.. again with a problem:

I have completed 3 months of employment. But there are certain things that I have observed that is lacking in me:
1.) Due to too much of work load and also being reticent by nature I m unable to bring up creative ideas in office like. what should be the menu for christmas party, what should be the gift item, which games to be organised. Other person with lot of work experience take away the limelight, despite of being in an ordinary post.

2.)I always get complains regarding the salary clculation(I only make a reference of no. of days present of every employee, actual salary calculations are done by a/c's dept. But it is on the basis of figure that I give they work out the salary.). since there is no cabin as such alloted to me (I sit with a senior person) my staff come in and go out,which breaks my concentration. I also get easily frustrated and tensed when something even small goes wrong. I want to be PERFECT.

Please suggest me some tips regarding the above matter and also how to concentrate.:confused:

From India
neha.Kapoor
Hi Grreshu,
1. U shd take a print of your salary slp sit and understand uself what salary structure the company has provided you, in case u donot understand go to the person who has done your hiring in SAP and ask him to explain you the CTC Structure
2. Secondly as psted bty by somebody else your p-rofile may not be so attractive according to you which may create an intrest for you bt you start taking it seriously things will be absolutely fine, dont think its too hard.
3. And Lastly no body can be perfect just think you will be able to do what organization wants and that belief would gv you confidence to work ahead.:)

From India, Mumbai
deenomony

Hi Greeshu,
Dont get deprived. Things would become comfortable when you start taking positively. Three mothns are not enough to understand everything. Keep doing well and be sincere with your approach.
Regards.

From India, Calcutta
nancy567
Hi Greeshu,
What Dino had mentioned is absolutely rite....3months is not enough to understand things .So dont get worried or tensed and try to be calm and learn things. Be positive. Everthing takes its own time....so to do things without mistake takes time dear....so jus chill and concentrate in ur work.......:icon1:......
Regards
Nancy:-P

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Gladys

Hi Greeshu:
Some suggestions
1) Try to think differently, if others are giving ideas, try to praise them for that and try to think alike next time... you need to be extrovert in talking, so that others listen to your ideas - deciding menu is no big deal, and party games... try doing some reading, surfing you will get many ideas
2) And about salary calculation, understand from accounts how actually they calculate salary - various components, tax, PF, basic, allowance and etc... and about issue in salary calculations, if employee comes to you, if its not your take hand the call to accounts department, let them resolve employee query...
3) And about concentration, may b since you are new, you are too consice, of employee coming in and senior too next to you; try to relax, enjoy talking to employees, and be free with your senior; things will work well....
It will take time to adjust but you will enjoy your job...try making friends...it would help

From India, Mumbai
Deepu B
Greeshu,
U r very new to this profession.Lemme tell u one thing.The same situation was with each one of us in the beginning.Don't put pressure on yourself.Try to talk to others.Try to know others taste initially,then u can go on the top.
Remember few things .ALways be positive,cool.Take advise from others,which will help u out in many ways.
Regards,
Deep's

From United States, Tempe
mail4arpita

Hi,

These are the typical first job blues, trust me!! All of us have gone through this...I can say from my personal experience too that first 6 -8 months of the first job are a diffciult period...primarily coz we have VERY high expectations from ourselves!!

While we all want to be the best...we often dont realise that the word "best" would lose its meaning if it as so easy to become one!!

The differnece b/w an xpericed and fresh person is that the experinced one does smart work (wch automayically happens coz he has learned from his mitakes) and the fresh ones does hard work - only coz they are learning.

U would just need to keep the following things in mind:
- Be realistic about urself and do not over expect.
- Do not compare urself with people who have more exp. than u have, its just the
comparision that makes us feel small!! Even ur boss was once a frehser and trust me
he did as many silly mitakes as u do.
- Learn from ur mistakes...thats the only thing that will make the difference.
- Try to get the basics right
- Do not hesitate to ask questions...you will ask those apparently 'silly questions' for
not more than another 5-6 more months coz after that u wud know it all!!
- Most importantly, always remember - We only move from hard work to smart work,
there arent any short cuts...those who dont work hard initally never reach that
stage of smart work!!
- Last but not the least - the boss knows it all..jst the way our parents do - only
because even he has been there, done that!! If u r honest to ur work and are
working hard...you are getting noticed!!

Trust me this period wont last for more than a couple of more months!! Just take one day at a time and move on!!

All the best
Arpita

From India, Delhi
Savivengat

Hi Greeshu
Don't feel disheartened. Pl.make a note of your mistakes while pointing out others dont feel ashamed discuss and get clarified. Be positive then it will be stepping stone.
rgds
savithri

From India, Madras
Greeshu
Thanx I am really very happy to get friend like you though we are related remotely Greeshu:)
From India
Greeshu
Hi Gladys, Arpita, Deepu and all others who have given me such nice and supportive kind of advices.
You guys are really fab. I need your support and such advices always. so stay connected guys.
"THANKS":icon1:
Greeshu

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.