Anonymous
I recently joined one Big 4 company. It's just been three months, and things are already starting to take wrong turns, and now I'm at the point where my boss is trying to abscond me and not even giving me a fair chance to serve the notice or talk to the HR.

Long story short: I have a senior who is my boss's ass licker, and every time I make some mistake (which seems often since I'm in the learning phase because it's just three months) he immediately pokes boss, and the boss takes me left right centre for no reason also if I leave early he complains to the boss and my boss again takes me in a meeting. Now, for the last time, I was doing my free courses from the company, almost ending shift timing, again the same and argued that you shouldn't do this here! I have work take it.

I gently refused him since I already had work to do before my shift, so I shut off my course and continued my work. After 5 mins, my boss called me, and who told you to refuse him? Are we doing your personal work? That kind of attitude is not acceptable, and stop doing courses here. This time I was really pissed off and asked my senior what was wrong with you? Why didn't you assign me work for the whole morning when I was free? I literally threatened to tell him, "Where do you stay?" I had enough, and I was ready to fight; as expected, my boos took me to a meeting and asked either you apologise to him or leave my position. I said I would leave my position, but now they have just taken my laptop, so I can't drop mail or talk to HR. What to do?

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Don't you know the email of the HR? You had just come to the office for joining without any email communication from the HR? Don't you have a personal email id? Don't you have a persoanl computer to send a mail to the officer concerned?

It is not necessary that you should send email from your official mail id only. It is not necessary that mail should be sent only from your office computer only. You can use your personal computer and mail can be sent from your personal mail id. It is only a communication to the HR. So, send it.

From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

You are not supposed to do personal work at office. You just shared your perspective of your superior and we don't know the assessment of your superior about you. But one thing is very clear that you had constrained your relationship with your superior / Boss very much. So no point of analysing who is right or wrong. Just prepare a resignation letter quoting personal grounds submit to HR. Get his/her acknowledgment in the copy. If they deny to meet HR just post the same through RPAD. Try for proper relieving and amicable end.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

HI,
It sounds like you're in a challenging situation at your workplace, and I understand that it can be frustrating. It's important to approach the situation professionally and try to find a resolution. Here are some steps you might consider:

Stay Calm:
Try to remain calm and composed, even though it's a difficult situation. Emotional reactions may escalate the problem.

Document Everything:
Keep a record of incidents, including dates, times, and descriptions of what happened. This documentation may be helpful if you need to discuss the issue with HR or higher management.

Seek Clarification:
If there's a misunderstanding or miscommunication, try to have a calm and respectful conversation with your boss to clarify the situation. Ask for feedback on your performance and inquire about specific incidents that led to their dissatisfaction.

Talk to HR:
If you're unable to communicate with your boss directly or if the situation doesn't improve, reach out to the HR department. Explain your concerns, share your perspective, and provide any documentation you've gathered.

Write an Email:
Since your laptop has been taken, you can use a personal device to write an email expressing your concerns and desire for a fair chance to discuss the situation. Be professional, concise, and stick to the facts.

Consult Company Policies:
Familiarize yourself with your company's policies regarding disputes, grievances, or conflicts. This information can be useful when discussing your situation with HR.

Consider Legal Advice:
If the situation becomes severe and your rights are being violated, you may want to seek legal advice. Employment laws vary, so it's crucial to understand your rights and options.

Explore Other Options:
While addressing the current situation, it's worth considering if this workplace is the right fit for you. If the environment is consistently toxic and your efforts to resolve issues are unsuccessful, you may need to explore alternative employment opportunities.

In order to approach the situation professionally, and if possible, seek guidance from a mentor or someone you trust within the organization. It's essential to protect your own well-being and career interests.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.