No Tags Found!

Cite Contribution

Dear Hussain,

Hope you are doing fine. Here's my suggestions to your queries:
  • To make a worthwhile stay in an organization is min 2-4 years and maximum is 8-11 years. Maximum generally have no limits. but certain sectors may slump over a period of years , hence it makes sense to balance the organic and inorganic growth.
  • The certification would entirely depend on the area that you chose to work. there are few countries which may value GPHR and ISTD , whereas other countries might not.
  • Incase you are planning to work in India. Please plan accordingly. Work wise, build experience in every area, including recruitment and generalist HR with legal and statutory experiences. But academically, focus on the area that you like the most. Compensation is one major area which do have a potential. Training and development is another, but it would entirely depend you your areas of interests. Please do invest yourself in HR Budget and accounting. Every senior level HR role will require you to have experience in all these areas. So plan your profile accordingly.
  • If you are planning for moving into technology, SAP HR would be a good option to you, given the kind of experience you have already built on.
  • Share you favorite areas and help us understand which area in HR do you enjoy taking the escalations .
  • In the meantime, just as you blogged your query, start blogging in this community about what you have learnt so far. When you start writing down, you would reflect on lot of learning which you did gain yet ignored. Furthermore, everyone would get to contribute on to your post and increase your knowledge. Do try and respond to the queries in the areas of your choice. That will help you settle a rock solid base to your knowledge.
Wish you all the best !

Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Ms (Cite Contribution)

Thanks so much for the response, reading the responses I m getting closer to the answers I m seeking. As per the feedback provided I would like to acknowledge them as follows:

• Worthwhile stay in the company for 2 – 4 years: I m fine with this tenure, I can spend this many years in the current profile, as long as I m getting new things to learn with passing months.

• Choice of Certification: It’s still a difficult choice for me to make, this is the point I m confused and lost about. I enjoy all aspects of HR functions, Recruitment, Appraisal, Training and Development, Separations, Policies and Procedures, Job analysis etc. But I don’t have exposure to Compensation and Benefits as this are very sensitive and confidential areas in eyes of my management. However I m still at crossroads to decide which area of specialization I shall choose to excel as HR Professional? I don’t wish to limit myself to very specific function, because I have fear or apprehension that HR is a support function of the company, more like a cost centre rather than Profit or Revenue centre.

• My Favorite areas in HR: Out of all the tangible functions which we can list in HR, I like Training and Development, Recruitment and Job Analysis.

a) Training & Development: I have a brief and amateur experience in Training, 4 months in Travel & Hospitality. This was 3 years ago, since then I have never formally trained or given any presentation to an audience. Thus I m not confident of carrying out a training program professionally. Due to recessionary times, my financial need and urgency to get a job I picked anything which was close to HR and hope I would get opportunities to train as I walk. However I haven’t got any opportunity in T&D. So what kind of Certification I can pursue to positively kick start my abilities in T&D? I have enquired about ISTD, I m fine with the syllabus of this Diploma, what I m doubtful about is the Internship requirement. As I said in my current state of work I don’t get or possibly have any training opportunity.

b) Recruitment: I enjoy recruitment at different levels, in my career path so far I have majorly handled recruitment from entry level positions to mid-management levels majorly in Finance and Accounts Industry. What kind of certifications can be there to enhance the efficiency in this function?

c) Job Analysis: I have worked on 2 assignments in which we conducted Job Analysis for Client’s companies, in Investment and F & B Industry; it is in this opportunity I learnt about the concept of Job Analysis. I don’t have much knowledge on this topic. And I m in learning phase, so this is one area I would like to gain some insight, I would like to know various methods, techniques, theories to accomplish job analysis. Are there any Certifications I can pursue which give me knowledge to carry out such assignments?

• Desire to work in India: I always wanted to work in India, as I feel HR is developing at very fast speed in India as compared to Gulf markets. However as I have got an opportunity to work in Gulf at present I m exploring the HR function here, but I have strong desire to get back to India and work in HR field, I would be looking forward to any opportunity I get to return to Wonderful India ! As you rightly mentioned India has extensive Labor Law and Statutory requirements runs deep. Therefore I keep learning aspects of Labor Law in order to keep myself informed and updated with Knowledge in this field. India is a challenging market in terms of skills and expertise needed by an HR professional.

Citehr is one online community I m thoroughly impressed with, and from the responses I have read to the problems and queries which are posted here. I can certainly say, India is a competitive market for HR Professionals seeking a career. And I would like to keep myself in pace with the development.

I heartily appreciate the response and advise I get in this forum.

Best Wishes

Hussain

From Kuwait, Salmiya
Vaishalee Parkhi

I must say, such conversations are truly a guiding path for new comers in HR like me. Thanks.
Mr. Hussain, with my little experience, I would suggest if you find out some agencies, HR professional firm etc. in Kuwait imparting training in subjects you want to have expertise in, you can be at par with other professionals. During the interviews, you can show your command on the knowledge gained. I feel, this will satisfy the interviewers.

From India, Pune
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Ms Vaishalee

I researched in Kuwait, but difficulties I faced are :

Lack of professional Tutors, mentors or faculty. difficult to comprehend their accent while they teach, even if I overlook classes, and rely on notes and books, I don’t find it sufficient. Expensive fees as compared to quality of teaching imparted.

Even to research further and find out suitable HR training firms or agencies I need to have a clear idea, regarding which certification or course I shall pursue.

I have come across few HR Training Institutes, which claim international affiliations and recognitions for the courses they offer.

Human Dimensions – Franchise of Thomas Consulting : Offers Courses in Psychometric Testing for recruitment Process.

Several local training institutes: they majorly offer courses in Kuwait Labor laws and Gulf Human Resource Practices and procedures. Which I have studied.

I researched few topics on citehr.com and reading posts on the several topics, some concepts attracted my attention, concepts such as :

• Balance Score Card

• 360 Degree Appraisal

• Retention Management

• Job Analysis

• Compensation and Benefits

• Training and Development

• ISO Certifications, related to HR

So, as I will be looking for institutes who can offer internationally recognized certifications or courses in such concepts, Im concerned about the applicability of the knowledge gained as well as its recognitions because any certifications or courses to hold value abroad has to be attested and approved by the Governments.

Thanks for your time

Best Wishes

Hussain

From Kuwait, Salmiya
sunainakdm
PRISMBrain Mapping is quite simply much more than just a product; it has helped individuals around the world to identify the behavioural preferences. These outcomes can increase the individual’s work performance and enhance the chances of career success.
It has also helped organizations of all sizes like HSBC, Siemens, BMW (GB), P&G, Novartis, Sanofi Aventis, Zuari Industries, Putzmeister Concrete Machines and many more to address their needs in areas like:
Recruitment • Team building • Leadership development • Sales training • 360 degree feedback • Job benchmarking • Conflict resolution • Diversity training • Customer service • Performance management • Succession planning • Communication skills • Emotional Intelligence profiling

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ฎ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.