No Tags Found!

pjpandey
Hey Karthik,
Your qualification is fair enough to grab an opportunity anywhere. Getting an opportunity might take a while however, changing fields wont be of great help. You would have pursued your MBA in Finance and systems after considering the career opportunities in those fields. Just by not getting an opportunity in those fields now you feel that you should go for HR, since now you would have realised that there are opportunities in the HR field and not the finance and systems. Tomorrow if you are unable to adjust onto the HR field then you might look out for some other field. Everybody gets an opportunity, however few get it sooner and for few it takes a while. You have done management and that will definately help you be one step ahead of plain graduates. Keep your cool and learn what the finance and systems based opportunity demands. It has always been a demand and supply rule, you meet the expectations of the opportunities and you will be hired.
Regards,
PJ

From India, Mumbai
amritajh
Please decide weather you will like the profile of a HR Professional or not then only decide to switch from one option to other. Amrita

Abhinav_219
Dear RGS,
I am from technical background but very much interested in HR but at times a little confused about the fact- will it help in my career?Thanks again for making clear that if one is interested,just to go ahead.Thanks a lot.
Abhinav.

suji.M.R
Hi Vijay,
I would def not want you to go to HR coz u r a BE,MBA with finance & Systems......I .
Offers from Research/Financial Analytics will not come just like dat or not easy to get in. you shud narrow down to the extent like what companies you r targeting
I would advise you to start doing ground work and identify the companies into Investment Research (Equities, Credit, Quantitative) – Investment Banking firms....
But first u shud be very clear in what role u would be doing as an Analyst. MBA Fin is alone not enough (unless u are from top B schools).
You shud be very strong in economics, accounting, capital markets, understating biz/industry, numbers and analysis, bit of financial modelling and knowledge about equity would do
Kindly be patient and study ur target market well and prepare yourself to take up the profile that u aspire.
ALL THE BEST
Regds
SMR

From India, Coimbatore
vijaykarthikmouli
Hi, :icon6: It is very pleasant to see this many replies from you friends. Really encouraging and i will take all the inputs from you friends. Vijay Karthik
From India, Coimbatore
La_dheeraj
Hi Vijay,

I agree with what Mr. AJ has to say. One must have the flair for HR, if you really wanna be into it.

Well I have done PG in Finance. Intially I started as a Management Trainee in Finance department of a swedish multinational, where I got an opportunity to work in HR as well. I worked with them almost for 1 yr 7 months, till I realised that my inclination was more towards HR.

Since, I had the background in Accounting & Finance and Payroll (which also forms a part of C&B), I could fetch a good opening in Kuwait in HR as an Executive-HR. My initial responsibilty was to manage the entire Payroll team that handles payroll of 5000 employees.

Having a management degree also helped me to take up the other tasks in HR. Like later on I got into Recruitment as well. So past 1 yr 9 months, I handle recruitment as well as payroll. Being in Payroll also helped me to get into grievance handling of employees, which helped me to hone my problem solving skills. Once you can prove yourself, you will keep getting work and recognition, be it any field.

What I am trying to say here is, please decide first if you really want to get into HR and whether you have a flair for it. If yes, then the first step would be to acquire adequate knowldge and then getting into HR through your area of expertise. Do some short courses in C&B, if possible.

Once in... sky is the limit.

Let me know in case you need any help. My email is

Regards
Dheeraj

From India, Mumbai
Kaja Mallikarjun

Hai Vijay,
i personally appreciate to change your career from finance to HR and your past experience is usefull in HR area like compensation and benefit and HR Analysis.
thanks to devnandha sharing the Mr. Mohandas pai profile and be postive.
all the best.

From India, Hyderabad
handavm
Hi, you guys are confussed lot.suggest to you stick to one line dont change before entering.No vertical is full of roses.you will only learn as you grow along. Keep it up. cheers!

mal aditi
hi guys...
i have got a same problem as Mr. vijay.. I am currently pursuing MBA and plan to take up dual specialization in finance and hr. my grad has been in Finance... now i am confused regarding if combination of hr and finance would go well for final placements... also please provide an overview about what all profiles are open for ppl who have such combinations...
thanxs a lot

From India
rakhi28finance
Hi
I found this site quite imp. 4 mba students.
I am also having a same problem lik others.
I am doing mba . I am a commerce graduate.
Thinking of opting finance in major & marketing in minor.
But the problem is tht I hav done my training in hr .
After my summer training I found tht marketing is the better option with finance not hr.
If I opt finance with marketing & in future apply 4 job then this is going 2 create problem kya.
Becoz I am having hr training certificate.
But I am also having finance project report prepare by another student.
I wan finance as my major subject.
Please help me I am quite confused regarding which subject should I choose.
Did training certificate matter while ur applying 4 job.
Pl. give ur valuable suggestion 2 me.
Thnx in advance

From India, Jaipur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.