devjit28

Hi,
Try these. They are all fairly easy & logical, no trick questions....
1. Name an ancient invention, which is still used in some parts of the world today, that allows people to see through walls.
2. How can you throw a ball so that it goes a short distance, comes to a total stop, reverses its motion, and then goes the opposite way. You are not allowed to bounce it against anything, hit it with anything, or tie it to anything.
3. How many flowers do I have if all but two are dandelions, all but two are roses and all but two are pansies?
4. Where on Earth do the winds always blow from the South?
5. How many times can you take 7 away from 49?
6. In a day of foraging, a tramp collects 49 cigarette ends. He knows that for every 7 cigarette ends he can make a new cigarette. How many cigarettes can the tramp make and then actually smoke?
Regards,
Devjit

From India, Gurgaon
Pallavi

hi,
my try at being smart! ... :)
1. Name an ancient invention, which is still used in some parts of the world today, that allows people to see through walls. - WINDOW
2. How can you throw a ball so that it goes a short distance, comes to a total stop, reverses its motion, and then goes the opposite way. You are not allowed to bounce it against anything, hit it with anything, or tie it to anything. YO-YO
3. How many flowers do I have if all but two are dandelions, all but two are roses and all but two are pansies? this is tricky ... 6 is the answer?
4. Where on Earth do the winds always blow from the South? BLANK!!! :shock:
5. How many times can you take 7 away from 49? ONCE ... AFTER THAT IT BECOMES 42!! 8)
6. In a day of foraging, a tramp collects 49 cigarette ends. He knows that for every 7 cigarette ends he can make a new cigarette. How many cigarettes can the tramp make and then actually smoke? I KNOW THIS ONE ... 8.
say wat good uh? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pallavi

From India, Pune
devjit28

Hi Pallavi,
U scored very well.... 8) u got 4 out of 6 correct. I'd like to wait 1 more day to see if somebody else replies to this, then I'll tell the answers.
Good going...
Regards,
Devjit

From India, Gurgaon
Assir Abass
1. Name an ancient invention, which is still used in some parts of the world today, that allows people to see through walls. - WINDOW

2. How can you throw a ball so that it goes a short distance, comes to a total stop, reverses its motion, and then goes the opposite way. You are not allowed to bounce it against anything, hit it with anything, or tie it to anything............. Throw it up towards sky at 90 degree, it will go up, stop at a point and then come back.

3. How many flowers do I have if all but two are dandelions, all but two are roses and all but two are pansies? this is tricky ... 6 is the answer?

4. Where on Earth do the winds always blow from the South? .......... North Pole

5. How many times can you take 7 away from 49? ONCE ... AFTER THAT IT BECOMES 42!!

6. In a day of foraging, a tramp collects 49 cigarette ends. He knows that for every 7 cigarette ends he can make a new cigarette. How many cigarettes can the tramp make and then actually smoke? I KNOW THIS ONE ... 8.

Am I right??

Assir

From India, Pune
devjit28

Hi, Great Assir. You got 5 out of 6 right. The only one u both did not get is the flower one. The answer is 3 -1 dandelion, 1 rose & 1 pansy... :D :D Regards, Devjit
From India, Gurgaon
shyamali

1. Name an ancient invention, which is still used in some parts of the world today, that allows people to see through walls.

Ans:- Glass

2. How can you throw a ball so that it goes a short distance, comes to a total stop, reverses its motion, and then goes the opposite way. You are not allowed to bounce it against anything, hit it with anything, or tie it to anything.

Ans:- Recall Newton..throw the ball in the air. It has to come down.

3. How many flowers do I have if all but two are dandelions, all but two are roses and all but two are pansies?

Ans:-1 each of rose and pansy

4. Where on Earth do the winds always blow from the South?

Ans:-North pole

5. How many times can you take 7 away from 49?

Ans:- Only once after that it becomes 42

6. In a day of foraging, a tramp collects 49 cigarette ends. He knows that for every 7 cigarette ends he can make a new cigarette. How many cigarettes can the tramp make and then actually smoke?

Ans:-8. I will tell you how. He initially makes 7 cigarettes and then smoke them all(7).

Now he is left with 7 ends. He reuses it to make the eight one.

SHYAMALI

From India, Nasik
shyamali

Hey! I felt bad that it was already done. But do keep posting. I would like to solve them. :D Regards, Shyamali
From India, Nasik
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.