hrcanwin

Here an integrated approach will deliver the results . OBT, workshop, progressive leadership etc play a very vital role to bring about synergy among the stakeholders . But can you try one more approach
Identify key teaching an non teaching staff . Give them a project like" How to enhance the brand value of the insititution"
My experience is that involving people in various projects for short duration projects for 15-30 days will certainly bring about greater proximity among the people . In the process they develop mutual trust and helping relationship.
This is a very practical approach . This can be supplemented by other initiatives like training /OBT etc
Pl contact in case further clarification is required
Dr Sureshkumar
Welcome to HR CAN WIN - By Dr. K. Suresh Kumar

From India, Mumbai
elfigandys
Hi Folks,

Shall not say much, since I have just joined this network today.

However just thought of making a small point on the typical environment at the educational institute, as mentioned by Niharika, that neatly displays group mentality.

Attitudes that we form are embedded within us over the years. The three important factors that determine our Attitude are 1) Environment 2) Experience & 3) Education. We need to change our attitude, if we desire to succeed & grow. Building a Positive Mental Attitude does not happen overnight, as one has to work hard to acquire it.

We should also be aware that the herd mentality trait has been manifested in humans since ancient times and has been primarily used for survival & to feel more secure, by existing in a group.

The best short term solution to move in the direction of correcting this problem, is to provide simultaneously both to the teaching & non teaching staff, an exposure to a workshop that can simulate crisis situations, where they understand that in these kind of situations how humans forget their differences & come together. This can be the first step & later in the long term you can create a bonding between groups, by thinking of other innovative options to bring both these groups togather for a common good.

Best Wishes,

Conrad

From India, Thana
Niharika Kriplani

Thanks everyone for making this discussion fruitful. :)
It really gave me an insight how to go about it.
I will try to implement the suggestions given here and let you know the change we are forecasting.
Waiting for more sharing. ...
Best Regards,
Niharika

From India, Bhopal
slh.ahmad
Dear Niharika, I feel that the issue is of lack of team feeling. I do feel that training can help. There are a number of ways in which the issues of lack of collaboration and its negative effects can be demonstrated in a training session in a non -threatening and an open way so that everyone accepts the issue. Acceptance is the beginning to finding a solution. It is however, necessary that you share with the consultant what are the operational problems being faced by you, so that he can design his training to suit your needs. Effectiveness of the learning developed in training comes when the people involved make their own action plans. Upto this level everything can be ensured by a good trainer. That people put their action plans into practice is then to be seen by the leadership.
Saleha Ahmad AGM & Faculty (HR&OB) State Bank Academy, Gurgaon.
email-

From United Kingdom
Baskaran KS

Hi Niharika,

I can understand the huge challenge you are facing in your Institution. This is one of the common problem in the workplaces today.

Attitude is the most crucial component that acts as a driving force, which motivates an individual to channel his knowledge and skills in the right direction.

We at Oscar Murphy International have conducted number of training programmes at variouseducational institutions for Teachers namely BEST. BEST means Behaviour Empowering Solutions for Teachers. Behaviour is the symptom that is seen in the way any individual conduct themselves be it positive or negative. But behaviour is driven by concrete wall like ATTITUDES which again is due to environment influences based on the different types of upbringing that we all have had in our early days. These formative years in one's life leads to glue-like Mindsets and combine with die-hard Habits to for Attitudes.

If your Institution needs help, please feel free to contact me to register your interest. Individuals too can benefit if they wish to make that vital difference to their life.

Cheers!!!

Bhaskaran
Business Associate
The Assessment World
bhaskaran@theassessmentworld.com

+91-9989022805
www.oscarmurphy.com

From India, Hyderabad
samuel63
One way to reduce the ego or supremacy between employees is to introduce creative hr intiative where all people come to know each other.Like a family outing for all staff, or conducting family meeting at the school itself. mostly humans develop ego due to ignorance if a platform is developed to share some lighter moments things will take a positive turn. This was adopted by our company and is a big sucess.
From India, Hyderabad
shreekanthbhat
Hello,
if you think it is related to their attitude please go through the book "Who moved my cheese" by Spencer Johnson. then just try see anyone is interested to read that book. it may bring change in the staff.

From India, Madurai
v k deshpande
we have designed one programm on bringing change in attitude for employees of educational institutes. it is a continuous training programme. the out come depend on conducive environment in the institute. we have trained nearly 400 employees of engg college thru this trg of ' TOTAL QUALITY OF MIND' if interested write to
From India, Sangamner
Sumit Kr Bhardwaj
The attitude can be changed only by the individuals itself as this is from inside out. only one thing which we can do is just realization of the facts/ truth. This is possible through obvious means like giving Education, providing right information, open forum discussion, continuous trainings, co-operating them & even some time by manipulation also.
Thanks & regards,
Sumit

From India, Delhi
gregegan1973

Hi all Just thought I would add this as I find learning styles fascinating, and have several self assessment questionaires on learning styles as well.
From Australia, Surry Hills
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf kolb - learning_styles_diagram_colour.pdf (62.5 KB, 68 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.