sivakv
Suggest sending a meeting invite with your manager as optional.
Kindly followup with a MOM, stating that additions/modifications need be responded by next day(or which ever timeline you deem appropriate)
Rgds
Siva

From India, Bangalore
anabayan
[QUOTE=Dinesh Divekar;1558470]Hello friend,

First and foremost what your colleague is doing is non-cooperation. You cannot call it as "evil". Evil is too stronger word to describe his behaviour.

Secondly, going on leave/vacation without proper handing over is a matter of indiscipline. You bring this point to your manager.

Thirdly, tone down your anger. Keep away your feelings from the actual problem. You are becoming victim of your emotions. I know it is very difficult to do that but then we had to show restraint and maturity as well.

Your feelings have taken over you completely and here in public forum you have used some unparliamentary language as well. Please don't do this. Emotion is always responded with emotion and this is more applicable to negative emotion.

List out the problems that you face and discuss with your manager one by one. Ask his advice on how to work without your colleague's non-cooperation.

Gentleman, because of your colleague's non-cooperation, don't jeopardise your career. You need to exercise discretion and assertiveness at this stage.

Good guidance Mr. Divakar, I appreciate it.

With Regards - anabayan

From India, Madras
mdoss8

Walk-In @ "Tickets Bingo Travels Pvt Ltd"

Company Profile :

“Tickets Bingo” is a new venture of Drasis software solutions. Drasis software solution is a fast growing conglomerate, having its headquarters in U.A.E & development centers in India & Singapore. Drasis hails from the conglomerate "City Group" City Group which has a concrete establishment in the middle-east with companies from varied sectors.

Tickets bingo Travels Pvt. Ltd. is one of the leading online travel portal . Ticketsbingo has excelled in providing travel related services for domestic & international travel .

Tickets bingo offer :

1) Airtickets

2) Bus tickets

3) Hotel Reservations

4) Holiday Packages

5) Cruise Packages

6) Privatejet Booking

7) Packers & Movers

8) Luxury cabs

9) Luxury Bus

Experienced Walk-In : Business Development Executives @ Chennai

Desired Experience : 1 to 3 Years

Desired Skills :

• Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), Decision making / negotiation skills, team player / Target Oriented / Proven experience in corporate sales.

• Good Tracking sales report in previous organization.

• Responsible for executing overall business plan, lead generation and meet Revenue Targets.

• Creating strong relationships within prospects and customers at all levels including top management.

• Coordinating with the support department for timely execution of business orders.

=====

Experienced Walk-In : Business Development Manager @ Chennai

Desired Experience : 3 to 8 Years

Desired Skills :

• Excellent communication skills (oral and writing) / Good Leadership Skill.

• Decision making/negotiation skills, team player / Target Oriented / Proven experience in corporate sales.

• Good Tracking sales report in previous organization.

• Responsible for executing overall business plan, lead generation and meet Revenue Targets.

• Creating strong relationships within prospects and customers at all levels including top management.

• Coordinating with the support department for timely execution of business orders.

Venue :

Drasis Software Solutions Pvt Ltd,

No.28&30, 3rd Floor, Metro 1 Tower,

Kodambakkam High Road,

Nungambakkam,

Chennai - 34

Landmark: Opp to Palmgrove Hotel

Contact Person : Arokiadoss - HR

Contact Number : +91-44-42144028/29

Contact Email ID :

From India, Bangalore
ngurjar

The problem with traditional HR is that if a person goes to them with a problem, they divert all attention in trying to make him have the problem (patience, anger, emotions, unable to handle, communicate, etc.)!!! Most of you are trying to 'push' the problem to ATBC, when he might not actually be the cause of the problem... Is this how you resolve your problems??? I am amazed to see the mass replies in that direction.

If my subordinate would send me a meeting invite saying that I am 'optional', I don't think I would ever attend the meeting... I am not sure if you would... :-) And if you have a concrete agenda, you might want to discuss the agenda with me before calling a meeting and including me in the meeting list (and discuss whether I should be optional or not before putting it there)!

If my subordinate has an outburst due to anger, I would try to understand what the matter is rather than get swayed to take the other side just because of my dislike about his temperament...

Anabayan, please read the article in HBR on this topic or non-cooperation and office politics. It gives an excellent set of situations and nails these factors well. And to be honest, such non-cooperative stands could actually jeopardize the career, whether you like it or not... I have seen it in several places and would rather let you read the article to understand the dynamics...

Sending emails and marking copies is great, but I can assure you that I would stop reading such emails because I wouldn't get a hang of the problem and your expecting me to decipher a problem just because I am in CC would be difficult. However, if I were told that there is friction and then see a string of emails, I would work on that proactively...

Just giving the manager's perspective to the loads of advise...

From United States, Daphne
hrhaigreeva
Hi Raj Kumar
Greetings!
Your style of moderation is very convincing and subtly conveyed. The choice of words used is highly appreciable. Thanks for being with us on Cite HR. Looking forward to many such learnings.
Regards

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.