No Tags Found!

milindmali

Hi Dear Seniors, I want your valuable guidelines on my new joining, since last 14 years I was working with one of the Pvt. Company, now I got new job opportunity in a reputed company with designation of manager HR, IR Plant Level. In my opinion I am quite comfort for that position, but little bit worry is about working culture, so what precaution I should take as I can get success. How to start working? Please guide me.
From India, Pune
welcomeumesh

Dear Milind,

In IR and especially in Plant HR the workers expect a lot from the senior HR person. Therefore to keep up positiveness in your role you should start building confidence along them and help them in building a good culture.

Above that start focusing on availability of basic infrastructure meant for them; which is most of the time missing. Most of the time the workers voice are unheard you should listen to them and act and if need be consult or convey to the management with a positive approach. If it's an Organisation having a trade union you need to keep your eyes and ears open all the time...needless to mention you need to have good relations with union leaders and members too.

Above all you need to strictly comply with the provisions of Indian Factories Act, 1948. Believe me half of the confidence will be built in your workers if you start abiding this mentioned Act as people seldom do.

Spend a lot of time on-floor too to understand the ground realities.

Warm regards,

Umesh Chaudhary

(welcomeumesh@yahoo.com)

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.