Arpit_Nigam
I need to implement a Development Intervention Plan with the focus on emerging leaders of the company being equipped on taking up top positions within the company. I need certain parameters on how I can gauge if the development plan was successful in doing so(in other words, what indicators will point towards my plan being successful).Please guide me through.
From India, New Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Arpit,
You must have included certain competencies in the development plan. What are those competencies? After two years, tell them to prepare presentation giving evidence on implementation of those competencies. In the presentation they should include what was increased or decreased because of this competency, what problems were avoided, what costs were reduced etc. It is much easier said than done. However, good presentations will serve as knowledge assets of your company. These can be used for further in-house training.
If the persons belong to top management then you may measure decision by calculating PBP, ARR, NPV and IRR. This is far more effective than any other method that includes competency mapping as well.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Arpit,
To give suggestions on measuring the effectiveness of the development initiatives, you need to provide basic information like nature of your industry, qualification of these persons, length of service of these persons, the type of work these persons do, what type of work you want them to do in future, what is the level of their current performance, what is the gap in their performance etc.
In addition to this, your development initiative should have support of your organisation's culture as well. What type of organisation culture you have, how did you measure it?
Next thing is about strategic plan of your company as well. Does the development initiative fall within the purview of the strategic plan?
Unless you provide complete information, it would not be prudent to suggest anything. In my last post, I had given generic information.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.