Amatya007

Hi,

The question " tell me something about urself" is not so simple.

Actually through this question the interviewer wants to understand about ur approach and how systematic are you.

While giving the answer, you should follow the foloowing steps

1. Tell you name, date of birth, birth place.
2. About your family ( Father, mother, brothers & sisters), their name, qualification & profession)
3. Your educational background starting from those days when you learnt about colours, ABCD, numerics etc; followed by 10th, 12th, Graduation and so no.; Also describe about extra curricular activies during school time or college time.
4. Why you have opt these courses?
5. How did you get your first job? What was your profile, why did u leave and join another company till your current job.
6. Your Hobbies
7. Your Strength and weaknesses. Steps u r following to over come your weaknesses.

Actuaaly this is open ended question and interviewer wants to know more than what u have mentioned in your CV.

Pl do take this question very lightely.

Amatya

jayachandrans13

Hi Annu,
Very specific to your question:
I'm a (tell any professional qualification or graduation) and I specialize in (tell your areas of interest with regard to the present job proposal). I'm presently working for (company name) as (designation). the roles of this position are (list in a order which is appropriate to your job). Prior to this, I was working for (company name& designation).
No details required except your present employement unless asked for
Try to showcase that you are the right candidate for this job.
Try to related each previous jobs (It might be helpful for the very next question; why are you looking for a change)
They only need your qualification, work experience, skills, specializations and how you believe that you would be the right fit for this job. nothing more is required.
Best
Jay

From India, Alandur
rajeshauchare

Hi,
I am fully agree with prasad. He expalined very nicely, but one thing I would like to add, that is about your eye to eye contact and body language. While answering you should be very confident and keep eye to eye contact while talking and be careful about your body gasture.
Best of Luck.
Rajesh Auchare
Haapy Thought _ System for wisdom

From India, Mumbai
GeorgeWalker
i m ...., im ... year.About my education, i m commerce
graduate, from pune unevercity. i vae also comleted my mba
from welengton mumbi.About my hobbies surfing on net ,
trvelling, reading novels.My family consist four member
along with me ,my fther is corporater, my mother is
homemaker, and i have a younger brother.
Windows va
Doors Fairfax

From Pakistan
anil.arora

Great ansr Anshuman..

What I think.. this is really more of a request than a question. But these few words can put you on the spot in a way no question can. Many quickly lose control of the interview during the most critical time- the first five minutes.

This is not the time to go into a lengthy history or wander off in different directions. Your response should be focused and purposeful. Communicate a pattern of interests and skills that relate to the position in question. Consider your response to this question as a commercial that sells your autobiography. Provide an answer that includes information about where you grew up, where you went to school, your initial work experience, additional education and special training, where you are now, and what you intend to do next.

One of the most effective ways to prepare for this question is to develop a 60-second biographic sketch that emphasizes a pattern of interests, skills, and accomplishments. Focus your response around a common theme related to your major interests and skills. Take, for example, the following response, which emphasizes computers.

In my words my answer wud be:

"I was born in Gurgaon, Haryana and attended Gurgaon High School. Ever since I was a teenager, I tinkered with computers. It was my hobby, my passion, and my way of learning. By the time I graduated high school, I knew I wanted to study computer software programming. From that point on, everything fell into place.

My life revolved around computing. I then went on to teach myself programming basics and other software such as C, C++, Oracle, V.Besic, I have done three years of Diploma from NIIT, Gurgaon-122001

I am prepared to answer any questions you may have about my education and experience."

From India, Gurgaon
Mahr

Dear Annu, All you have to do is to use the search tab given in this site for you will have loads of information on to the Interview Q & A .......
From India, Bangalore
MADAN MOHAN VERMA

Tell me something about urself??????????
Hellow
Please follow following point
1. Name (I AM MADAN MOHAN VERMA)
2. Age ( I AM 28 YEAR OF AGE)
3. Qualiffication
4. Experiance (I HAVE FOUR AND HALF YEAR EXP.)
5. Current Comapny Name (u can speak like this - I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH "COMPANY NAME" SINE, 11TH JAN. 2006.
6. JOB PROFILE (WHEN THEY WILL ASK ALONG WITH IT)
7. FAMILY BACKGROUND
8. STRENGHTH AND WEEKNESS (NOT MONDATORY)
9. HOBBIES.
THEY CHECK ONLY UR COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS. BECAUSE THISH IS ONLY QUESTION FOR IDENTITYFY UR SKILLS.
THAT'S ALL
REGARDS
MADAN MOHAN VERMA

From India, New Delhi
shruthi yelburgi
Hello,
I am still a student and this question is the most common in the interview . Basically you can answer this question with inputs which is not covered in your resume. There would be so many you can say in this like the experiences where you felt are you were capable and you feel will show your strengths and abilities. Use this as a path to mould your interview. Say in Hr you can cover some aspects like you participating in a fest and even if you havent won you could tell them your experience on how did you manage your team and all .

From India, Bangalore
SGhosh2010
You can go through the website for knowing how to answer such kind of questions. There is a good company which prepares candidates on phone for answering such kind of open ended questions and helps them to crack interviews. The website is: <link no longer exists - removed>
From India, Calcutta
chimpusudha

Dear All,

Lets answer this question pragmatically. Lets first understand why this question is asked. Like some one aptly said, its trying to put you at ease and also know a few things about you. These few things are:

1. Your Family background

2. Your confidence levels

3. Your communication patterns (Both verbal and Non-verbal) and Body Language as well

4. Your articulation, expression and presentation abilities

5. Your suitability and adaptability to the role being offered

6. Your consistency

Let me also tell you how you can answer this. It can be answered in two parts:

1. Personal

2. Professional

PERSONAL

Start with politeness of thanking them for the time given to talk.

Tell them your family size and where you figure in the list and from where you hail (DON'T START THE CONVERSATION BY SAYING MY NAME IS...REMEMBER THEY ALREADY KNOW YOUR NAME)

Tell them what your Mom & Dad do ( for God's sake if your mom is a house wife, don't use words like home maker, house keeper, Keeper of the house or any other flamboyant words. JUST SAY 'SHE DOES NOT WORK ANY WHERE' OR SIMPLY SAY 'SHE IS A HOUSE WIFE'.

Tell them what your brothers and sisters are doing(if you have any)

PROFESSIONAL

Tell them why you are suitable to the job in terms of your Qualifications and hands-on experience

Tell them your achievements in your earlier stints in a similar role

Tell them the importance of your role as a contributory entity to the organization.

"NEVER MENTION YOUR CASTE, CREED OR RELIGION IN THE INTERVIEW AND ALSO IN YOUR RESUME

These are a few important aspects to be kept in mind.

Be careful if you are weak in English and the interviewer wants to speak to you only in English.

How to face such situations, I will let you know later.

Sudhakar

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.